Does the status quo bore you? Are you curious about how the world is changing and what drives shopper behavior? If so, you are the perfect candidate to join the PepsiCo Demand Xcelerator, a dynamic team that brings together the transformational power of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership and Space Optimization to inform and propel PepsiCo’s Sales and Marketing Plans with our key retailer partners like Dollar General, Walmart, Target, Kroger and 7-Eleven.
As a Senior Shopper Insights Analyst with the Demand Xcelerator (DX), you will play a strong role in delivering insights and recommendations to support PepsiCo & North American Beverages (NAB) sales & marketing agenda. You will also have an opportunity to support the broader PepsiCo portfolio by driving shopper loyalty with key customers.
The Shopper Insights Senior Analyst is responsible for delivering insights and building stories that will fuel growth for PepsiCo, NAB, and our Retailers. This person utilizes understanding of product assortment, price, placement, and promotion to drive shopper insights that lead to action. This role also works closely with the DXcelerator organization and NAB Marketing and Sales to support key business planks and projects.
Joint Business Planning Support:
- Development of NAB Discovery materials including evaluating division specific aspects of macro-trends and key business performance drivers
- Supports JBP shopper/customer problems to solve for Big Bets for Key Retailers & Division
- Assist in developing the customer facing materials for the JBP Process
- Develop JBP toolkit and related selling tools
- Democratize integrated insights with key stakeholders across PepsiCo
- Collaborates with DX Shopper Analytics team to build expertise in using proprietary capabilities
- Ownership and thought leader in shopper insights tools that help us understand shopper retailer choice and shopping motivations
- Partner with category management and sales organization to analytically answer key business questions
- Translate customer and category data into insights that informs category growth
- Leverage syndicated data (IRI/Nielsen), advanced analytics, and primary data to monitor and deliver insights on business issues
- Identify, collect, and explore the right data to be used to solve business problems
- Use problem solving methodologies to propose creative solutions to solve business problem
Marketing Department & DX Shopper Insights Support:
- Support development of PepsiCo’s shopper targeting capabilities, which enable deep understanding of our shoppers across who they are, what products they buy, where they shop and more to use for shopper prioritization and targeting
- Leverage the power of data and shopper understanding to work with shopper and brand marketing teams to identify the right shopper target for marketing programs
- Work with media and digital teams to inform how to build targeted marketing programs, helping to drive stronger effectiveness of programs.
- Design and create compelling, clear and concise presentations for senior management and external retail partners.
- Keeps appraised of brand insights, retail industry and consumer trends in order to translate this data into marketing, sales and channel strategies.
- Strategic Thinking
- Commercial Experience
- Strategic Persuasion & Influence
- Collaborative Partnership
- Insights Application
- Story telling
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years of Sales and/or Consumer/Shopper Insights experience and/or Category Management and/or Brand Marketing
- Excellent analytical skills – demonstrated ability to translate information and data into actionable insights and strategic recommendations
- Solid organizational and project management skills – ability to manage multiple projects at once, able to establish priorities, strong detailed execution
- Meaningful experience in both qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, syndicated data sources and application (Nielsen, IRI, Numerator, InfoScout, NPD, 84.51 and/or other retailer loyalty card data)
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Commercial experience (marketing, sales, category management preferred)
- Self-starter, able to work independently on projects
- Creative thinker who can bring innovation to projects and processes
- Strategic & Transformative Thinking In All Efforts
- Strong Communication Skills (written and verbal)
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement