PepsiCo is looking for a Design Engineer to join our busy Central Tech Services team, based in Leicester.
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers Crisps and Quaker Oats, we have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the eighth year in a row.
As a Design Engineer you’ll support our capital investment program across the European sector by preparing feasibility studies, conceptual and detailed engineering designs for our food production facilities.
You’ll use your technical expertise to develop solutions to complex design challenges and work alongside our engineering teams, sharing your in-depth knowledge of engineering standards, to provide correctly designed parameter/engineering layouts.
You will lead feasibility studies, scoping projects, senior management decision-making, commercial tendering with vendors and ensure successful project delivery and supply chain capacity builds.
- You develop current and future conceptual layouts which meet field requirements and Lean design principles
- Develop concept engineering layouts in line with project requirements to serve as basis for Capex preparation
- Use technical expertise and knowledge of drawing and equipment technologies (process, packaging and warehouse automation) to provide accurate layouts for the engineering teams to act as basis for scoping and commercial tendering with vendors.
- Provide field support by updating as-built drawings of existing plants, in conjunction with 3rd party designers and suppliers, for reference by site engineering and when planning future changes and additions
- You support production and update of site master layouts which is key for building an accurate asset database and quick decision-making.
- Provide field support by facilitating project meetings through layout and design discussions
- Drive value engineered design solutions by direct contact with in-house Project Engineers/Managers and external suppliers, utilizing your experience and knowledge from both within and outside the industry.
- Fully proficient in computer design packages (Autocad 2019, Solidworks and Inventor, Navis, Works, Revit and ACAD 360)
- You are ideally experienced in Lean design application.
- Previous experience in Design Risk Assessments and CDM regulations.
- Production of food line layout drawings including process, packaging and warehouse equipment.
- 10+ years technical experience within food production industry.
- Previous production of site surveys and CAD drawings.
- Extensive knowledge of food processing and packaging technologies as well as operational needs of manufacturing (past experience or knowledge of working with PepsiCo would be ideal)
- Understanding of the latest civil, structural, architectural, utilities construction techniques and their impact on facility design.
- Equipped with good knowledge of civil and utilities requirements of food factories.
- Project management experience is preferable
- Equipped with hands-on skills and experience to execute concept, feasibility and scheme designs.
- Work with OEM’s and external suppliers to produce detail design layouts.
- Capable of understanding and applying PepsiCo process & packaging engineering specifications to layouts & designs.
- Collaborative and able to deal with uncertainty and complexity.
- Strong analytical skills, high sense of precision in details
- Technical Degree : Engineering
- Fluent in English
- You bring excellent documentation, communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to collaborate across teams and deliver shared goals.
- Ability to handle challenging priorities and formulate and deliver against time-plans.
- Excellent analytical skills, self-learning and innovative
- You have the ability to explain complex technical issues/solutions to a non-technical audience
- Cultural sensitivity /flexibility in responding to different cultures
- Ability to travel independently across ESSA (Europe Sub-Saharan Africa) to meet with site based teams.
- Understanding of food safety requirements and hygienic design details
This role comes with a salary of up to £53000 + 7.5% bonus, private healthcare, flexible holiday, competitive pension scheme and a wide range of further flexible benefits.
Job Type: Pipeline