Category Manager - Quaker/Target (DX)
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is inspired by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams adopting new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
The Demand Xcelerator (DX) team represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership and Space resources supporting Sales and Marketing plans across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers.
As a Category Manager, you will deliver strategic insight in support of the PepsiCo Quaker Team while partnering with the enterprise customer, Target. Specifically, this role will work to identify market trends, competitive threats, brand strategies and customer strategies in order to increase sales and market share.
- Primary responsibility is to lead, enhance, and grow the PepsiCo relationship with the Category Buyers by being a thought leader and “go-to” resource for all category, shopper and consumer trends, and merchandising solutions. Use shopper specific granular analytics from multiple data sources across markets, shoppers, and consumers to make business-building recommendations for category growth.
- Secondary responsibilities include leveraging multiple data sources to gain a deep understanding of consumer and shopper behavior and interactions across products, geographies, cohorts, and occasions. This analysis will be used to drive the customer's learning agenda.
- Utilize syndicated consumer and market data for the purposes of uncovering compelling insights
- Leverage shopper and consumer insights in the development of category strategies and retailer relevant sell stories.
- Integrate information from many sources and develop actionable insights and recommendations
- Provide expert analysis and insight to Customer Team members so they are able to effectively make optimal decisions in the marketplace, and share that learning across the broader organization.
- Keeps abreast of developments and best practices in category management. It is expected that you will pursue the knowledge needed to improve departmental capabilities and improve professional competence.
- Participate in account strategic planning process.
- Act as a strong, clear, objective, and inspiring voice of enterprise Customer Team
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA a plus.
- 5 + years of Category Management / Insights within the consumer packages goods industry
- 3-5 years’ experience in analyzing and interpreting data.
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking and thought leadership skills.
- Strong PC skill set (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with standard data resources and solutions (Syndicated POS, Panel,RSI).
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to interact confidently and effectively with team members, management and the customer.
- Collaboration is essential in this role as the person will work very closely with account sales leads, cross-functional teams as well as the retailer directly
- Strong planning/organizing skills; the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement