We are now hiring a Senior Packaging Engineer to join our team in Little Island on a permanent contract.
At PepsiCo, innovation takes centre stage. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Executing Packaging Sustainability programmes across ESSA and across Beverage & Nutrition Categories. ESSA geography spans across Europe & Sub-Saharan Africa including company owned and franchise owned operations with diverse packaging formats (PET, glass, cans, cartons and BIBs) and go-to-market models.
Realization of PepsiCo publicly announced goals in Sustainability field – recycled materials usage, less plastics (incl. SUP), GHG emission reduction.
- Bachelors’ degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Packaging, Plastics Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years’ experience in related consumer goods field (preferably in the FMCG/CPG segment)
- 3+ years’ experience in beverage package development (cold fill, aseptic, hot fill & retort packaging)
- Experience with operating in a large/matrixed organization
- Experience in the development and execution of complex packaging programs
- Experience in manufacturing processes for beverages
- Solid project management skills and ability to articulate issues or requirements
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to influence vertically & horizontally
- Cultural sensitivity/flexibility in responding to different cultures
- First class written & verbal presentation skills
- Fluency in English is a must
- Experience with both rigid & flexible packaging manufacturing processes
- Solid industry network
- Track record of maintaining good working relationship with business partners (Marketing, Operations, etc.)
- Experience of operationalizing plans in a large company / blue chip corporation
- Able to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities in commercial environment
- Creative and innovative thinking to facilitate ideas generation cross functionally
- Experience in translating ideas to plans and technology trends into operational capability
- Advanced presentation skills (written & verbal).
- Basic finance analysis, business case development and execution, contracting.
- Self-starter, self-motivating - able to deal with uncertainty and complexity.
- Striving for high standards, seeking innovative solutions, driving continuous improvement of products, processes or methods and demonstrating a high degree of intellectual curiosity
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a Senior Packaging Engineer. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be R&D Pkg Sr Engineer.
#LI-IRELANDRelocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular