Bring your enthusiasm and talent to our team as we continue to support both PepsiCo Innovation and existing Flagship Brands across the Global Beverage Category.
As a Senior Scientist on the TBS (Technical Brand Stewardship) Flavor Specification Team, you will have the unique opportunity to deliver against PepsiCo’s commitment of Performance with Purpose by developing and maintaining Global Flavor Specifications for major CSD and RTD beverage brand platforms.
Utilizing your passion and technical skills, you will be looked upon to lead Flavor specification development within a larger cross-functional team that consists of stakeholders not only from PepsiCo departments dedicated to quality and safety such as Regulatory, Food Safety, Quality and Micro teams but also creative and innovative PD teams who continue to grow and expand our beverage portfolio.
- Provide flavor expertise while developing and maintaining technical flavor specification guidelines to assure consistent, high quality, fit-for-purpose specifications for all flavor related ingredients
- Prioritize and balance multiple projects and specification activities and provide technical guidance to efficiently meet development initiatives for new innovation and existing brand platforms
- Assess, respond and resolve emerging business critical issues to avoid flavor material supply shortages, outages and production delays
- Develop and maintain effective cross-functional relationships across internal PepsiCo teams and external partners including flavor vendors and 3rd party labs, as necessary to lead and influence teams to reach project objectives
- M. S in Food Science or related discipline and 4 years of experience, preferably in the flavor industry OR B.S. in Food Science or related discipline and 6 years of experience, preferably in the flavor industry
- Demonstrated understanding of Flavor Chemistry related to formation, stability and degradation pathways of flavor compounds
- Understand and assess the relative importance of individual compounds within a given flavor to assure key markers have been selected
- Ability to provide technical leadership and insight on flavor related issues which pertain to specification development for projects across PepsiCo Global Beverage Category
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement