Role: Product Development Technologist
Salary: c. £30,000 - £34,000 (depending on experience)
We're looking for an R&D Product Development Technologist to join our Regional Snacks team and support the delivery of activities within Emerging Snacks innovation team. You will help deliver multiple projects & programmes for our West European Markets, including prototyping, leading trials, and providing technical support for the team (TSG, Specifications, Quality issues etc).
This is an exciting and varied role with the chance to work with a diverse set of stakeholders and and experts across multiple markets.
- To plan, organise, execute and communicate assigned specific project components under guidance of line manager whilst maintaining an high level of confidentiality and integrity
- Develop and prepare prototype samples under the direction of the Platform Development Manager using safe and best practice operation of bench and pilot scale equipment.
- Apply R&D project timelines & processes e.g. TSG ensuring compliance to these under guidance of line manager
- Draft R&D technical data such as artwork specifications, process specification and finished pack standards with approval from PM/R&D Manager.
- Work closely with R&D functions to ensure legal, nutritional and food safety compliance
- Assume ownership for a food processing area, ensuring all Food Safety standards are met
- Graduate in a Food Science or related subject
- Previous experience in FMCG environment with experience of Food Safety standards.
- Good technical, analytical and communication skills, ability to interpret data and distill into useful and actionable information
- Have an up to date knowledge of technology and be able to absorb and apply this knowledge
- Delivers the Right Results – Delivers against the right priorities & asks questions to realign when appropriate. Demonstrates perseverance & a positive attitude in the pursuit of challenging goals
- Collaborates Beyond Boundaries – actively support & takes action to drive a common goal across work &/or project teams
- Embodies integrity & trust - Consistently follows the meaning of company policies and standards (i.e. Code of conduct)
Job Type: Regular