This fast paced, driven team of R&D commercialization engineers focuses on the development of PepsiCo’s diverse portfolio of beverage product categories by bringing innovative ideas and making a direct impact on our success. This team leads the groundbreaking research using state of the art technology that stands out amongst the competition.
As an Associate Engineer, you will utilize your knowledge in chemistry, microbiology, engineering and other sciences to study the principles of underlying the processing and deterioration of foods. You will gain exposure to discovering new needed sources and research new ways to make processed foods safe, palatable and healthy for our consumers. Additional responsibilities include:
- Organize and lead Concentrate and Beverage plant trials
- Formula process Documentation completed to highest standards
- Demonstrate early engagement to influence final product, process and/or package design
- Develop and manage realistic & manageable commercialization timelines and plans
- Clearly communicate project status, risks, and scope creep with impact to project team on a regular basis
- Effective planning, scheduling, execution, and documentation of Technical Center, concentrate and bottling scale-ups, plant trials and capability assessments.
- Contribute and participate in the leadership and activities of the commercialization team.
- Work with internal and external business partners to meet commercialization objectives
- Determine theoretical calculation & execute experiments as needed for point of failures in process and formulation limitations
- Test new raw materials for manufacturability impact on concentrate & beverage
- Bachelor's Degree: Chemical Engineering or Food Engineering with a minimum of 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Background in commercialization of new products strongly desired
- Liquid process design knowledge
- Knowledge of design engineering, particularly in food science, fluid dynamics, heat transfer, sanitary piping practices and process and instrumentation diagrams
- Experience in a consumer products research & development function a plus
- Experience with processing of ready to serve beverages desirable.
- Willing to travel globally 20-40%
- Basic software skills (Excel, database management, PowerPoint)
- Initiative and follow through - independent decision maker in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Team work - ability to manage multiple priorities, think on their feet and execute with speed
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Organization, negotiation, coordination and presentation skills
- Meeting facilitation skills
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement