PepsiCo Canada employs nearly 10,000 Canadians and is organized into two business units - PepsiCo Beverages Canada, which includes brands such as Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana; and PepsiCo Foods Canada, which includes Frito Lay Canada and Quaker foods & snacks. PepsiCo Canada, in turn, belongs to the global PepsiCo, Inc., family. At PepsiCo Canada, we're committed to achieving business and financial success while leaving a positive imprint on society - delivering what we call Winning with Purpose. Performance with Purpose is at the heart of every aspect of our business.
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
PepsiCo is an Employer of Choice:
• Opportunity to work for a Tier 1 global organization company with Billion Dollar Brands
• One of Canada's Top 100 Employers
• We take people development seriously offering career growth opportunities through robust full cycle career planning, talent development programs, challenging and rewarding assignments nationally and internationally
• Work within a fast paced ever evolving business, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and needs
• Participation in our competitive Total Rewards Program
The Quaker planning team within PepsiCo Foods Canada is a growth-oriented group focused on providing financial leadership and strategic partnerships, enabling effective decision making and sustainable growth.
Reporting to the Planning Manager – This role has the responsibility of leading the financial reporting, forecasting and development of the Strategic Business Plan & Annual Operating Plan for the business unit. Completing analysis & finding insights will be essential in this role to support business performance.
Success in this role will require results-driven behavior, solid organizational skills, intellectual curiosity, analytical thinking, technical strength and the ability to lead the cross-functional finance team the period end, Annual Operating Plan & Strategic Business Plan cycles.
Period End & Forecast Process:
• Manage Quaker P&L results versus forecast, plan & year ago to provide commentary, analysis & insights to drive business results
• Manage the period & quarterly forecasts down to NOPBT for Quaker including the roll up of volume, trade, G&A & Supply Chain
• Lead US reporting by working with Quaker US counterparts to provide required templates & commentary
• Provide value-added reporting including mix analysis and develop ad hoc analysis to facilitate timely decision making to support business performance
• Present Period Close results to the Canadian Finance leadership team as well as the period forecast with the CFO of Canada & Quaker US
• Proactively monitor business trends, provide “what if” analysis, and identify P&L risks and opportunities and present recommendations to senior management
Annual Operating Plan & 5-Year Strategic Business Plan:
• Lead the Annual Operating Plan & 5-Year Strategic Business Plan for Quaker by collaborating with business partners to set targets, build the P&Ls, provide analysis and create presentations
• Lead communication with Quaker US to meet financial targets & deadlines on Annual Operating Plan & Strategic Business Plan submissions
• Partner with Quaker US counterparts to provide support & commentary for other ad hoc requests
• Lead and support Financial Analyst to complete Global Nutritional Compliance & Global Nutritional Group reporting for Quaker
• Support Planning Manager with ad hoc projects that provide insights to drive business results
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance preferred. MBA, CMA and/or CA/CPA would be an asset.
• At least 4 years of financial analytical and planning experience with proven results
• Experience in large CPG Company preferred
• Strong PowerPoint, Excel, financial modeling and system skills (ie. Essbase & Business Objects)
• Strong analytical, problem solving & collaboration skill
• Ability to find insights through analysis and provide recommendations to drive business results
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with cross-functional finance teams, field finance and finance leadership
• Strong multi-functional leadership experience & the ability to think and act decisively
• Experience implementing new systems and processes
Job Type: Regular