Director, Frito-Lay North America Corporate Communications
The Director of Corporate Communications at Frito-Lay will serve in a multifaceted role encompassing media relations, crisis public relations, and corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs.
The position involves creating powerful messages, storylines, PR and CSR programs that drive favorable perception of Frito-Lay with external audiences, while also monitoring the overall effectiveness and results of these programs.
The person in the role will work closely with company executives, key internal stakeholders across a broad matrixed organization, community partners, and agency consultants to maintain and strengthen Frito-Lay’s brand and reputation through increased awareness and visibility, reinforce the company’s vision and mission, and foster positive community impact.
- Develop a comprehensive, multi-dimensional communications strategy to increase overall brand awareness, reputation and engagement
- Identify opportunities for extending and amplifying current Corporate Social Responsibility programs, including Southern Dallas Thrives, as well as other community and sustainability efforts across the company
- Increase industry awareness and brand recognition through various PR and media strategies
- Prepare executives for media interviews to help ensure key messages are consistently conveyed
- Develop key messages and draft press releases, and other corporate materials when required
- Manage the company’s crisis communications media strategy and response plans
- Identify areas for improvement and develop systems and processes to proactively address issues
- Manage internal team and PR Agency partner relationships, as well as program budgets
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 10+ years of experience in Corporate Communications including PR, Crisis Management, CSR, Community Relations, Media Relations, or Executive Communications
- Experience building strategic communications plans and managing media relations programs that deliver measurable results
- Background managing community relations or government programs
- Proven ability to think ahead, problem solve, engage proactively and take initiative
- Strong process-minded planner who can determine deadlines, logistics and operational plans for multi-dimensional programs and events
- Excellent persuasive writing, editing and verbal communications skills, including presentation skills
- Exceptional collaboration and influencing skills with a track record of successfully interfacing with executives and gaining ‘buy-in’ for program proposals
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement