We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
What you'll do:
The EHS Associate Manager contributes to the success of the Pepsi North America Beverages by ensuring regulatory compliance (OSHA, EPA, and DOT), accident prevention, and after injury management. Reporting to the Regional EHS Manager, you will work to support the NAB EHS Management System at the Orlando Manufacturing & Warehouse location. We are looking for a subject matter expert in employee safety who is highly skilled at implementing processes that will lead to sustained EHS performance improvements.
You'll be responsible for deploying, implementing, and leading the EHS agenda, by supporting the Senior Management team with integration of Safety and Environmental, prevention, workers' compensation and regulatory compliance into everyday work life. The M&W EHS Manager has responsibility to analyze accident data, develop and implement actionable safety and environmental solutions. You'll provide collaborative, proactive, and creative problem solving ability to develop best-in-class EHS programs for the improvement of the overall EHS strategy at Orlando in the areas of M&W (Manufacturing and Warehouse).
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Implement and execute the Pepsi - North American Beverages EHS policies and procedures, and all federal, state, and local OSHA/EPA/ (i.e. Lockout, Haz Com, Machine Safety, SARA, RCRA, etc.)
- Manage local EHS budget
- Lead the development and implementation of the EHS Annual Operating Plans and EHS Action Plans for the location
- Achieve annual targets rates for Lost Time, Recordable, Severity, and Environmental
- Ensure compliance with applicable occupational safety and environmental regulations
- Develop, implement, execute, and manage strategies to prevent workplace injuries, and environmental incidents
- Demonstrate solid employee relations experience, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Display strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrate professional maturity and ability to act as a change leader by influencing all levels of the organization to drive continuous improvement in safety performance
- Conduct EHS activities such as training/auditing/assessing to ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory agency requirements, Zero Zone Management System standards, and internal PepsiCo EHS procedures
- Perform risk assessments and assist in the implementation of effective physical and/ or behavioral control measures. Recognize and verify the effectiveness of in-place control measures
- Identify unsafe equipment operation and conditions while demonstrating knowledge of appropriate corrective action for unsafe conditions or equipment use
- Exercise a leadership, coordination, and communication role with the location leadership to drive continuous EHS improvement across the location
- Complete root cause analyses and develop corrective action plans to address root basic causes and management system weak-spots through the use of industry-recognized cause analysis techniques (5-Why, 8-D, etc.)
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 5 years’ work experience in EHS
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking skills and presence in meetings and training environments
- Your ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to build a results driven, team oriented environment
- Safety management experience in a related industry, including consumer packaged goods, distribution/transportation, manufacturing or grocery industry
- Safety degree and/or related certification
- Knowledge and experience with EHS Management systems and their deployment
- EHS auditing
- CSP, CIH, and/or CHMM desirable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement