We are PepsiCo:
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is inspired by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams adopting new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
Frito Lay North America:
Frito Lay is PepsiCo’s snack manufacturing, sales and distribution operating unit. We have the world’s largest portfolio of billion dollar foods and are specifically responsible for the growth of some of America’s favorite snacks, including, LAY’S®, DORITOS®, CHEETOS®, FRITO LAY VARIETY PACK®, TOSTITOS® and RUFFLES®.
As the Senior Category Manager, Frito Lay Southeast Region, you have an opportunity to make immediate impact in a changing snacks landscape. You will lead category leadership and insights work to identify market trends, competitive threats, brand strategies and customer strategies to guide strategic planning, lead category and consumer insights, commercialize merchandising recommendations to ultimately support region in growing sales and winning market share across the entire Frito Lay portfolio. In this role, you will support regional customers with best in class joint business planning and insights to drive win-win category growth outcomes for both retail customers and Frito Lay.
This role is part of the Frito Lay Insights organization under the Marketing department, will be based in the Southeast region either at the Birmingham AL or the Atlanta GA office.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Drive the discovery and use of consumer, customer and market insights in shaping category strategic planning and region business planning and initiatives that enhance category performance and Frito Lay’s sales growth and profit
- Proactively lead Southeast region business diagnostic analytics, communicate business opportunities and recommend commercialization action plans to achieve growth goal and advance market share
- Lead and project manage category initiatives including new product introductions, pricing analyses, seasonal reviews and programs, promotional planning and evaluation, consumer usage analyses, understanding the impact of assortment changes on category and brand growth
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key retailers through joint business planning, develop objective insights-led solutions and establish compelling selling stories leveraging syndicated consumer and market data and shopper/consumer insights provided by HQ
- Drive macro space optimization, assortment optimization and strategic merchandising commercialization thru partnership with space transformation team and managing planogram and space analytics projects
- Create and enhance tools to facilitate efficient and granular opportunities and build organizational business acumen across region field sales organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ work experience in the CPG industry
- Demonstrate experience using syndicated category, customer and market POS data (i.e. IRI and/or Nielsen) for the purposes of uncovering compelling insights
- Understanding of consumer syndicate panel data, disaggregated panel, and Spectra etc.
- Expert knowledge and application of space management tools i.e. JDA Space Planning
- Demonstrate outstanding analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and thought leadership skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to interact confidently and effectively with team members, management and the customer
- Collaboration is essential in this role as the person will work very closely with region business leaders, account sales leads, cross-functional teams as well as the retailer directly
- Strong planning/organizing skills; the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement