Role: R&D Director, Nutrition Profiling
The PepsiCo Physiology and Life Sciences team requires nutrient profiling capability and expertise to guide strategy related to portfolio transformation, product positioning and innovation globally.
You will be responsible for leading the PepsiCo input to global strategies on nutrient profiling with a diverse range of external stakeholders from academia, NGOs, trade organisations and industry peers to advance the plethora of nutrient profiling schemes to a streamlined system offering clear guidance to advance consumer knowledge and consequently health. In addition you will manage the Internal PepsiCo nutrient profiling system and ensuring it stays aligned with dietary recommendations from global authorities translated to our product categories.
- A key component of this role will be ensuring the nutrient profiling system is accessible and transparent externally, guiding a publication pipeline to validate methodology and plan to engage in external scientific communication to demonstrate that these criteria can impactfully drive PepsiCo’s efforts in reformulation.
- Provide guidance on the contribution of our portfolio in the context of external nutrient profiling systems globally.
- Lead the external engagement strategy on the science of nutrient profiling and coordinate regional resources that engage externally with thought leaders and policy makers to inform key decisions that ultimately communicate nutrition to consumers.
- Collaborate closely with cross functional teams in R&D, Government affairs and communications in addition to our business teams
- Ph.D. in nutrition sciences or closely related field. Expertise in dietetics an advantage.
- Proven experience and track record in nutrient profiling with peer reviewed publications to demonstrate
- Significant experience/expertise in nutrient profiling from organizations with a strong focus on public health
- Experience working in CPG or pharmaceutical industries
- Expertise and global experience in developing nutrient profiling systems, analysis, modelling and impact assessment.
- History of external policy engagement with impact.
- Knowledge of nutrition science - the fundamental science related to the over or under consumption of nutrients.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across diverse stakeholders.
- Creativity, Innovation and excellent communication skills
- Proven collaborative, leadership and influencing style
- Ability to work independently but also be an effective team player
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills demonstrated by the ability to positively influence within and outside the organization
- Travel Required 10-15%
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular