PepsiCo is looking for a Project Manager to join our Logistics Team based at our biggest UK distribution centre in Leicester on a fixed term contract until Summer 2021.
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers Crisps and Quaker Oats, we have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the eighth year in a row!
The Southern Region Distribution Centre (SRDC) is our largest distribution site in the UK. Working closely with our manufacturing and supply chain teams we distribute many of our own products, and this is all made possible by the SRDC. If we’re not operating efficiently then our customers won’t find our great products on the supermarket shelves…which is not good for business!
As a Logistics Project Manager, you’ll help to drive some exciting automation projects within the UK Logistics network. Working alongside a range of internal stakeholders you’ll ensure these projects meet operational objectives on time and within budget.
What you’ll get up to:
- Manage automation project implementation within the logistics network
- Short-term, detailed project planning to hit project milestones
- Day to day co-ordination of downtime and testing (provision of labour, pallets etc)
- Monitor project financials to deliver within budget
- Ensure project performance objectives are delivered on time, regarding site capacity and throughput
- Develop programme of front-line engagement and involvement, including communication and training plans
- Develop operational business processes and operating manuals
- Manage stakeholder communications within site
- Working alongside the Engineering Team, design, plan and implement a commissioning plan and operational handover
- Sign-off on all warehouse processes, systems and methods and change specifications
- Operational sign-off of Site Acceptance Tests and hand-back to operation
- Risk management and mitigation for identified risks
- Ensure compliance with site Safety and Food Defence plans (BRC)
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience in Operations or Engineering
- Experience with large-scale warehouse automation or FMCG
- Project management experience would be an advantage
- High degree of organisational competence to manage multiple short and long-term priorities
- Problem solving skills and ability to make decisions in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Experience with budget and cost management processes
- Adaptable to the changing needs of a challenging and fast paced operation
- High degree of computer literacy with a good understanding of Excel and PowerPoint
This role comes with a competitive salary, bonus and range of flexible benefits.
#LI-UKRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular