Main Purpose – what is the main objective/purpose of the role? (Max 2-3 lines summarizing the role)
Accountabilities – list in priority order the main accountabilities/deliverables of the role, including key measures. These should be clearly the responsibilities of the
- Technical brands support for selected platforms
- Artwork reviews and approval for all platforms. Develop approval plan and seek cross functional alignment (especially Marketing and Supply Chain).
- Artwork process development and roll out in G&L BU in collaboration with R&D packaging, Product development and cross function teams.
- PWP database maintenance in collaboration with MENA PWP lead and global sustainability office.
- Executing selected PWP/SFDA mandated projects based on BU strategy to mitigate risks and set PepsiCo for long term growth.
- A2K product development from idea to launch for AOP 2019 and 2020.
- support scoping wafers product ideas and feasibility for CFI.
- Support OHS related action plan and off sites for 2019 and 2020
- Support Egypt/Saudi BU R&D teams with budgets/POs/Invoices for 2019/2020
- Work on select critical productivity projects for G&L BU for 2020.
- Develop an understanding and demonstrate the application of consumer product testing; sensory, analytical etc. to deliver superior products to the market and establish product intelligence.
- Leverage expertise inside and outside the organization to deliver product and process development.
- Ensure the availability and application of R&D tools (e.g. product testing, experimental design etc.) to deliver product and process development.
- Embrace R&D KPIs and meet all requirements and support in continuous improvement of results.
- Lead Technical Stage Gate & Accolade related work for his/her project and ensure timely completion.
Job Dimensions – what is the scope of the role – volume, net revenue, budget, geography, number of customers, number of sites etc. for THIS role?
- Internal Clients:
IMENA R&D Sr. Director :1
Sustainability office: 1 (limited connect)
Nutrition Science/SRA team: 4
Brands and Marketing Manager:3
Finance Planning Manager:1
Consumer Insights Manager:1
Category Production Manager: 2
Ingredients Purchasing Managers: 2
SRA Manager: 1
Food Safety Manager: 1
Packaging Manager: 1
Supply Chain Director:1
Marketing Director: 1
- External Clients:
Consumer Research Agencies (2)
Artwork agencies (2)
3rd party automation solution (2)
- Volume for Brand (Innovation): 1M Tons in 2019 and 2M Tons for 2020 (for select innovation project)
- Projects Budget: 10 % of MENA R&D annual budget
- Productivity projects support: $100M in 2019/2020
- Number of projects: 8-10/year
- % Contribution to Growth: Innovation contribution: TBC
- Gross Revenue: NA
Key Skills/Experience Required – specific education/certification, specific functional experience, language etc NEEDED for the job. Please note that this is not necessarily the incumbent’s personal background.
Education: Graduation degree in Food Science / Food & Nutrition
- Medium knowledge of food production processes
- Good knowledge of food nutrients e.g. sodium, sat fat
- Good knowledge of WHO sodium guardrails.
- Reasonable Knowledge of product development tools
- Good working knowledge of food science principles
- Ability to create product formulations delivering consumer winning products
- Excellent knowledge of experimental design
- Ability to plan and conduct factory trials
- Good Knowledge of consumer testing protocols
- Must have FMCG experience of 1 year
- Preference for candidate having R&D experience/training
- Candidate with Student Training programs like Tamheer will be preferred.
Language Proficiency: Fluent English (writing and verbal) is a must.
Skills & Abilities:
- Passion for creativity and innovation within a commercially driven environment.
- Proven record of launching at least couple of innovation in the market.
- Ability to work in Factory/Plant environment in collaboration with diverse nationality workforce.
- Self-starter, self-motivating – very high drive for results and able to deal with uncertainty and complexity.
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, MS projects and internet).
- Cultural sensitivity/flexibility in responding to diverse cultures/work styles.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally.
- Good understanding/appreciation of the broader business environment and application of technical and commercial knowledge during project execution.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with Supply Chain, Marketing, equipment & materials suppliers and consumer testing agencies.
- High degree of self-confidence and self-reliance.
- Strives for ambitious standards, seeks innovative solutions, drives continuous improvement of products, processes or methods and demonstrates a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
- Good presentation skills (written & verbal).
Job Type: Regular