What does the role involve?
We are looking for a curious and enthusiastic Category Management Intern who will support the Category Managers for the category Juices:
- You will be involved in conducting promotional analysis: analyzing which promotions (from Pepsico and our competitors) were effective, and what we can do in order to improve the promotional strategy on our brands
- You will assist in making portfolio recommendations towards our customers by analyzing the shelf, the assortment of the competition and the Pepsico strategy. You will base your advice on insights out of analysis of the sales from Nielsen, or retailer selling out data.
- You will monitor and identify opportunities and threats in the market by making competitor analysis and visiting supermarkets and make ad hoc analysis as basis for new plans or to evaluate implemented plans. Based on the outcomes you will come with recommendations
- You will conduct additional in-store research (observations, interviews etc.) yourself if needed.
- You will support the category Manager Juices in day-to-day tasks like preparing customer presentations, helping in ad-hoc questions and analysis.
The Category Management Intern will report to the Category Manager Juices. For retailer projects you will work closely with the Account Managers and for internal projects like monitoring or introduction of New Product Developments with the Brand Managers and their Interns. For gathering specific data and additional shopper research you will cooperate with the Business Analytics department.
What do we offer you?
At PepsiCo, we are not only proud of our market leading brands, but also attach great value to growth opportunities and personal development. Next to working with inspirational and creative colleagues, we offer sufficient training opportunities to give our professionals the opportunity to achieve great results. At PepsiCo we foster an informal working atmosphere and value everyone’s input and ideas. No day is ever the same and you will constantly be challenged to bring out your best! PepsiCo was rewarded this year once again with the Top Employer Belgium and Top Employer Europe certification.
As an intern, you will not only be remunerated for your role, which will include travel allowances, but also get several opportunities which will ensure that you have a holistic, and fun experience for six months. For example, you, are given multiple chances to connect with the current interns (15-20) that help in knowledge and experience sharing; get to take home goodies from the company every Friday, to name a few!
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com
Who are we looking for?
You are someone who:
- Is available fulltime for a challenging internship of 6 months starting in August/September 2019
- Is passionate to work for a multinational with iconic brands
- Has strong analytical skills and enjoys making analyses
- Has proactive working attitude, can work independently on projects and thereby set priorities
- Is persistence when you are facing challenges
- Has strong communication skills and comfortable communicating with people from many different departments
- Has experience in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Masters Dutch/French and English (multilingual)
Job Type: Pipeline