We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is inspired by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams adopting new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
The Demand Accelerator (DX) is a team that represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership, and Space Engineering resources to support Sales and Marketing plans for enterprise, national, and regional customers across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers. The Demand Accelerator will help PepsiCo provide our customers cutting edge data and insights, as well as, personalized solutions to drive incremental growth for both our customers and PepsiCo.
This role is responsible for analyzing and translating consumer and category data into actionable strategies and tactics, and supporting creation of selling stories that are compelling and meaningful to drive profitable sales & market share gains. The person in this role will have opportunity to lead a variety of new and complex initiatives in order to drive future growth for PepsiCo.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Sales, Insights, Shopper Marketing and Space Optimization to create customized solutions
- Efficiently mine data and work with cross functional internal partners to identify opportunities, issues and solutions for the Sales and Category Leadership team to implement at the customer
- Conduct detailed category decompositions across food and beverage categories that provide division specific opportunities & action plans to drive sales growth
- Develop customized fact based selling stories leveraging all available data sources
- Build and maintain advisory relationships with the customer buying teams through the delivery of actionable insights, demonstrated category expertise and frequent contact
- Use multiple data sources to develop regular and ad hoc reports to include sales/share reporting, opportunity gap, SKU rationalization, plan-o-gram analysis, promotion analysis, item tracking, pricing studies, financial performance, sales and performance trackers
- Provides insights, analysis, and customer specific recommendations for Category Reviews
- Develop an Insights led growth agenda to expand beverage and snacks space
- Conduct deep-dive shopper/business/competitive analytics, including demand based clustering
- Develop assortment, shelving and product strategies, tactics and plans for the customer
- Conduct post promotion analysis on major customer programs and other key initiatives
- Research and analyze data and other category-related information to identify trends, category performance, competitive threats, opportunities, etc. to support business decisions
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of Category Management experience within the consumer packaged goods industry
- Analytically strong and proficient in “connecting the dots” to bring insights to action
- Strong leadership skills: the ability to proactively set and lead an insights agenda
- Strong analytical skills: the ability to link strategies and objectives to tactics
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to send and receive information clearly and concisely
- Strong planning/organizing skills: the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking; ability to link strategies and objectives to develop compelling stories
- Teamwork is essential in this role as this person will work very closely with account sales leads, cross-functional teams as well as the retailer directly
- High proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Access with solid working knowledge of Syndicated POS (IRI), Consumer Panel (IRI or Nielsen)
- Must be willing and able to travel 15-20% of the time
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Pipeline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement