Customer Manager – HEB/Grocers Supply
We are PepsiCo Sales. We are game changers, mountain movers and history makers. We are a diverse group, spread among 200 countries and united by a shared set of values and goals. That’s why we Perform with Purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and never settle for second best. At PepsiCo, we’re committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the World’s largest portfolio of billion dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
Quaker Foods North America (QFNA) is PepsiCo's foods and snacks manufacturing, sales and distribution operating unit in the United States, Canada and Mexico. As part of PepsiCo’s commitment to encouraging people to live healthier, we're committed to delivering products that offer more nutritional benefits while maintaining the same great taste, value and convenience that consumers love in our brands.
- Represent entire portfolio of Quaker owned brands at both HEB and its sub-banners, as well as Grocers Supply and its key indirect retailers, while successfully delivering annual volume, net revenue, share, Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and profit plan
- Develop and execute a strategic, annual business plan, including promotions, while adhering to SROT guidelines and ensure flawless execution through consistent customer engagement and buy-in at multiple levels.
- Develops winning partnerships with customer and with internal PepsiCo stakeholders by influencing and penetrating multiple levels within both organizations
- Ability to lead cross functionally with Sales Planning, Category Management, Finance, Marketing, Retail Brokers, and Supply Chain to ensure delivery of relevant innovation and key initiatives
- Leads all aspects of customer’s joint business plan (JBP) process, including strategic and tactical plans, while ensuring Sr. Leadership engagement
- Provides customer / channel expertise and leadership to drive development of appropriate strategic and tactical plans within business unit
- Ensure account maintains a strategic product mix, and regularly identify opportunities to increase sales through plan-o-gram optimization including both new item sell-in and/or SKU optimization
- Drive incremental sales through creative application of PepsiCo resources
- Collaborate on Better Together activity with Pepsi Beverages North America, Gatorade, and Frito-Lay North America counterparts
- Create fact-based presentations to support selling efforts at both corporate and retail level
- Maintain on-going analysis and review of business trends to identify gaps to plan and execution
- Manages volume forecasting via planners and checkbook discipline and communicates forecast in a timely manner to all key stakeholders
- Work closely with field retail to ensure strong communication and execution of customer programs
- Drives reconciliation of deductions and charge backs
**Preferred location is in San Antonio, TX or Houston, TX, but position can be based anywhere with direct flights to these cities within 2.5 hours**
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA preferred
- 5 - 7+ years of sales experience with consumer packaged goods organization
- Highly motivated individual with excellent communication, negotiation, influencing, and follow up skills
- Seasoned in conflict management
- Ability to travel an average of 35% of the time, including overnight trips
- Retail and Category Management experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of financials including P&L impact of sales decisions
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement