Technology is changing the way shoppers and consumers interact with our products. The rise of eCommerce and Digital Marketing is taking PepsiCo on a journey of digital transformation in which the traditional business model is being replaced by an omni-channel model, which requires both physical and digital product presence.
A prerequisite for enabling omni-channel product presence is the on time availability of correct, qualitative, complete and consistent product data and content, or ‘Digital Product’, across all relevant channels at all times. To deliver against this prerequisite, PepsiCo Benelux has implemented the Digital Product Management operation.
As a Digital Product Management Intern, starting per August 2019, you will have the opportunity to contribute towards driving the development of this new operation within PepsiCo forward and put your personal stamp on it.
Working from our Utrecht HQ, your contributions will focus on two areas:
1. Project support
Key in driving DPM forward is knowing how the market is developing and adjusting our operations accordingly. Part of your role will be to support the DPM Lead in determining the strategic agenda and executing related projects:
- “The long term future”: Bring your outside-in, out-of-the-box view! You will act as a sparring partner to the DPM team and related functions.
- “The short term future”: What are the current market requirements? Your job will be to engage our customers, determine what product information they require and map (e.g. draw flow charts) how they need it delivered to them (process/tools).
- “The current operations”: Where are the gaps? Your task will be to step into the business and map our current processes to identify where we can improve.
You will also be supporting the team in their day-to-day business. Tasks include a variety of operational activities such as data entry, data validation, managing the image database, monitoring KPIs, (customer) issue resolving, etc.
You will be working closely with Regulatory Affairs, (Digital) Marketing, eCommerce, Account Management, IT, system suppliers and DPM counterparts at our customers. Therefore, this role requires strong communication skills and a service-minded, customer-focused mindset. Furthermore, you need to be driven and curious, not taking “I don’t know” for an answer. You must like and be able to map processes (e.g. work with MS Visio), which means seeing the overall picture while still having a keen eye for details.
If you can appreciate the value of product information in our current market place and get excited about putting your talents to work towards building a new operation at PepsiCo we would like to talk to you!
What do we offer you?
At PepsiCo, we are not only proud of our market leading brands, but also attach great value to growth opportunities and personal development. Next to working with inspirational and creative colleagues, we offer sufficient training opportunities to give our professionals the opportunity to achieve great results. At PepsiCo we foster an informal working atmosphere and value everyone’s input and ideas. No day is ever the same and you will constantly be challenged to bring out your best!
In addition to your rewarding job function, we offer excellent working conditions that go hand in hand. For example, you get remunerated for your role as an intern; get to take home goodies from the company every Friday, to name a few!
About PepsiCo and you
PepsiCo is one of the largest food and beverages companies in the world. Everyday worldwide people consume PepsiCo products, more than a billion times. With strong brands like Pepsi, 7UP, Lay's, Tropicana, Doritos, Quaker and Duyvis, we are firmly represented within the Benelux. Here, we work with 1400 employees at 7 different locations to ensure the success of our company. At PepsiCo we cultivate an informal, dynamic and result-oriented business culture - we strive for success!
At the heart of PepsiCo, is Performance with Purpose — our goal to deliver top-tier financial performance while creating sustainable value for all stakeholders. We believe that delivering for our consumers and customers, protecting our environment, sourcing with integrity and investing in our employees are not just the right thing to do, but that these actions also position PepsiCo for long-term, sustainable growth.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a bachelor or master degree (preferably Business IT & Management, Business Administration or similar education (e.g. Marketing);
- You have affinity with product information management (data, images, etc.)
- You are proficient in creating process flow charts (e.g. MS Visio)
- You can work accurately, balancing efforts and benefits of your actions
- You are an independent, self-starting, organized problem-solver
- You are a responsible team player with hands on approach;
- You have good analytical thinking and communications skills as well as social skills;
- You are fluent in Dutch (must have) and English (preferred)
Job Type: Pipeline