We are seeking a communications professional to aid in driving awareness and equity around our portfolio of brands. This role rounds out a brand communications team focused on multi-channel programming, strategic planning and always-on earned-media execution in the complex digital-meets-traditional media landscape in which our consumers live.
This role will be responsible for supporting annual program execution for a collection of Frito-Lay brands focused on stakeholder engagement in support of activating earned and social media tactics to secure national and regional external media coverage. The ideal candidate has 5+ years of functional experience in marketing communications and Brand PR - experience within the CPG industry is a plus. A successful candidate is skilled at developing high quality media materials, identifying the news value of a program, understanding the key elements of the marketing mix and how to best partner with PR and communications stakeholders when executing a PR campaign.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Support strategic PR planning, project management, agency guidance and collaboration for brand communications initiatives [making decisions, being informed, providing consultations, executing actions]
- Build and strengthen relationships with key members of the media [making decisions, executing actions]
- Engage in national and regional media relations strategy and planning, pitching brand marketing stories [making decisions, executing actions]
- Develop press materials, executive visibility content and PR messaging to effectively tell the Frito-Lay/Brand story [making decisions, being informed, executing actions]
- Support crisis and issues communications, as needed [executing actions]
- Manage implementation of brand communications news bureau programming, optimizing to respond to real-time opportunities and merchandising results. [making decisions, executing actions]
- Stay informed of key issues and trends impacting the company and industry [being informed]
- Support innovative approaches to purpose/sports/gaming/influencer partnerships, digital program strategies and execution - [making decisions, being informed, providing consultations, executing actions]
- Regularly liaise and collaborate with Frito-Lay and PepsiCo brand and corporate communications team members to identify and execute cross-functional organization wide stories - [making decisions, providing consultations, executing actions]
- Bachelors Degree Required, MBA/MS preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing at a CPG or similar company
- Strong knowledge of the marketing mix and PR’s role in it; Some working knowledge of the media landscape and earned media’s role in it
- Strong understanding of social media, including new and emerging channels and key success metrics
- Strong writing skills and an ability to develop materials under extremely tight timelines
- Unique experiences that demonstrate creative instinct, passion for communications and consumer empathy
- Strong judgment and ability to think strategically and creatively
- Proven track record of supporting successful, insight-based brand communications programs that delivered against business objectives
- Proven ability to interact with, manage, and influence projects supported by cross-functional teams & agency partners, and work in a matrixed environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (MS Office – Word and PowerPoint)
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement