The next great shift in consumer behavior driven by technological disruption is underway, and it’s happening in the food & beverage industry.
As other sectors have shifted to eCommerce-first business models in recent years, food & beverage has continued to rely predominantly on traditional brick & mortar models, but this is changing rapidly. New technologies are transforming every aspect of reaching consumers, from the rise of digital marketing and online grocery platforms, to the creation of supply chain tools that enable speedy at-home delivery. According to the Food Marketing Institute, 70% of U.S. consumers will shop online for groceries by 2024, with an estimated annual spend of $100 billion.
To deepen our efforts to seize this opportunity and lead the food & beverage industry into its remarkable next chapter, PepsiCo – a global company with powerhouse brands including Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker, and Tropicana – is expanding its Global eCommerce Team. We’re looking for the greatest minds in data & analytics, software development, machine learning optimization, and next-generation supply chain. Given PepsiCo’s incredible reach – our foods and beverages are enjoyed more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories, and our value chain involves diverse partners ranging from farmers and food scientists to retailers and logistics specialists – the challenges we’re addressing are complex and the solutions will be deeply impactful.
Although PepsiCo is a large multinational, the PepsiCo Global eCommerce Team prides itself on having the entrepreneurial, action-oriented culture of an exciting startup business. Our group includes startup founders, Silicon Valley veterans, food & beverage experts, and seasoned executives from digital transformation leaders such as Amazon and Walmart. Our goal is to build the technological products and capabilities that will reinvent our industry and make us the #1 food & beverage business in eCommerce for decades to come.
- Lead problems assessment of eCommerce challenges to lead development and design of technology solutions across functions involving computer hardware and software
- Lead technology project evaluations as well as proposal feasibility with the different eCommerce businesses
- Apply theoretical expertise and innovation to create or apply new technologies to apply to the entire digital landscape
- Act as a consultant to the broader business users, management, vendors, and technicians to determine technology needs and system requirements
- Build new technologies and algorithms to optimize any business process
- Develop data set processes and projects requirements
- Use large data sets to resolve major business and functional issues whisle improving data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Optimize processes implementing new technology and automations across eCommerce businesses and eCommerce functions
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 12+ years of Python or Java development experience, Experience with multiple data technologies and concepts such as Airflow, Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MapReduce, SQL, NoSQL, and Columnar databases
- 12+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients
- Experience designing, building and maintaining data processing systems
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or a MPP system on any size/scale
- Experience with specific AWS technologies (such as Glue, S3, Redshift, EMR, and Kinesis) a plus
- Experience writing production code for Python or JVM-based systems, but you know a few other languages and like the right tool for the job
- Knowledge of machine-learning tools and techniques
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, and extensibility.
- Proven self-starter who can move projects forward by filling in the gaps on Agile teams, from leading a design session to doing some test automation, to mentoring a teammate struggling with a new technology
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement