The purpose of the business development manager is to lead and develop strategic transportation partnerships with new and existing brokerage customers. Grow and maintain an $80MM book of business in the Plano office along with managing, developing, and holding accountable a team of transportation business development associates. Work cross functionally with leadership in multiple offices and departments to increase YoY profitability. Strategically align with our transport capacity teams to deliver on the needs and expectations of a diverse customer base. The role requires the development and execution of a strategy that exceeds annual profit and revenue goals in the transportation function.
The candidate must be able to effectively balance customer relationships and navigate complex supply chains to offer unique transport solutions that create cost saving for our customers and drive profitability for Pepsi Logistics. This role will be responsible for creating, developing, and executing future transportation sales and strategy for Pepsi logistics.
- Daily business development leadership to help team deliver 2018 profitability goals and beyond
- Manage, develop, and hold accountable a team of business development associates
- 24/7 high level customer escalation point – proactive resolution working cross functionally to resolve customer issues
- Customer escalation point – proactive resolution of customer complaints
- Strong working knowledge of customer's supply chain, requirements, and new initiatives
- Responsible for strategic conversations with current and new customers within the Pepsi Logistics portfolio
- Capable of developing, recruiting, and retaining top industry talent
- Maintain an active prospect pipeline
- Strong leadership and development cross functionally with account management leadership
Scope of Interactions:
- 80% External - New and existing external customers
- 20% Internal - Collaboration with operations, account management, and leadership team
Key Skills / Experiences:
- Ability to influence customers and industry decision makers to engage in business discussions
- 3-5+ years’ experience of significantly exceeding expectations in the transportation/logistics industry
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated an ability to execute under pressure situations and succeed
- Ability to articulate and transfer knowledge of freight brokerage market dynamics and industry best practices to carrier operations department team
- Ability to provide ad-hoc brokerage pricing to support both account management & business development
- Ability to effectively interact and build a favorable business relationships with all carriers and customers
- Ability to influence a carriers to provide capacity during all supply / demand cycles
- Strong team player and committed to teamwork in all situations
- Ability to thrive and flourish in a fast paced business start up
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to drive the business forward
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement