Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns/ Full- Time and Graduate hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio of 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, LIFEWTR to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
PepsiCo’s marketing internship is a chance to spend a summer tackling business challenges alongside experienced marketers in one of our three U.S. headquarter locations: Chicago, IL (Quaker Foods, Tropicana, Gatorade); White Plains, NY (Pepsi Beverages); and Dallas, TX (Frito-Lay). We rely on interns for fresh perspective, and in turn we let them showcase their ability to provide a meaningful, comprehensive business recommendation. As interns fact-find and problem-solve to reach a recommendation, they enjoy great autonomy as well as full support, guidance, and feedback from their managers, cross-functional partners, and the broad marketing organization. Interns have the chance to learn the business, build a network, and, potentially, earn a full-time opportunity upon graduation.
What you can expect:
At PepsiCo you can think like an entrepreneur, but with the global reach and resources to support you. As a Marketing Intern you will be given significant responsibility to create high impact marketing recommendations that enable PepsiCo to achieve short and long term strategic business objectives. In addition to core project work, you will develop and demonstrate functional ownership, leadership capability, and business acumen. The internship also provides exposure to best-in-class brands, campaigns, and marketers by means of professional development initiatives and mentorship.
Responsibilities may include:
- Owning and developing overall strategy for brands, including commercialization in-store and online, to meet long-term business goals (total sales, distribution, household penetration, profits)
- Consumer insights work to understand problems to solve and to be the voice in product, packaging, and communication development
- Evaluating new product innovation concepts and developing new product launch strategies
- Developing impactful consumer promotions, events, and marketing programs
- Evaluating return on investment of marketing campaigns and activations, and making recommendations for future strategy
- Leveraging insights to design social and digital campaigns, along with creative measurement tactics Partnering with agencies in the creation of brand positioning and communication strategies
- Currently pursuing an MBA degree with an expected graduation date between December 2019 and May 2020
- Prior work experience
- Please stack-rank location preference on your submitted cover letter or resume. Potential marketing work locations include: Chicago, IL. ; Dallas, TX; White Plains, NY.
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment.
Preferred experience and characteristics:
- Unique experiences that demonstrate creative instinct, passion for marketing and deep consumer empathy
- Demonstrated leadership through past work experience and extra-curricular involvement
- Passion for consumer brands
- Experience in marketing, advertising, promotions, digital, media, and/or design
- Familiarity with emerging digital platforms
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to solve highly strategic and difficult business problems
- Ability to drive and implement ideas and results in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Strong communication, presentation and story-telling abilities with an understanding of and ability to influence stakeholders
- Intellectual curiosity
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement