As the R&D Associate Scientist (Innovation) for Snacks Canada, you will have unique opportunities to increase technical knowledge by participating in the development of a diverse portfolio of snack product categories. You will participate in leading the product development process including new idea generation, prototype development, product optimization and production start-up. Successful candidates thrive in an environment of fast-paced, consumer-driven product development.
- Participate in the development of new products from ideation to plant execution for assigned platforms. Deliver against the PFC Snacks innovation agenda as measured by on-time, consumer winning, operationally and financially successful product launches.
- Support the technical development and testing of the product design to successfully complete launches, including, new ingredients, bench development, sensory testing, manufacturing trials, and preparation of specifications for launch
- Partner with Global and FLNA R&D partners to identify technologies and products that can be best be leveraged for Canada including TC, Extruded, Culinary, and Seasoning development
- Maintain open communication and build strong relationships with internal and external teams from suppliers to cross functional partners
- Demonstrate strong project management skills in developing project timelines with multiple cross- functional partners
· BSc or MSc in Food Science or related discipline with 2+ years of food industry experience with an emphasis on product development and project management
· Candidate will demonstrate basic knowledge in food ingredient technology, manufacturing processes, laboratory analysis, food safety, quality, sensory and nutrition sciences
· Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills, proven ability to work with cross-functional teams. Ability to work across cultures and borders within broad matrix of partners
· Strong organizational/prioritization skills with ability to manage multiple projects with demonstrated flexibility/adaptability
· Ability to communicate effectively, and problem solve and influence within working team and with cross –functional partnersRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular