Imagine What Can Happen When YOUR “Can-Do” Attitude MEETS OUR Iconic Brands
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
PepsiCo continues to be at the forefront as the category’s share leader and growth driver. We’re excited to see what we can accomplish with your skills, ideas, and perspectives. Are you in?
PepsiCo Foodservice is a division of PepsiCo that brings the company’s entire portfolio of food and beverage brands to market in out-of-home consumption channels to meet consumer needs at work, at play, and on the go.
What’s Your Role?
The Market Development Manager (MDM) for Food Service will be responsible for account management responsibilities associated with assigned Food Service accounts. Overall duties include participation in annual planning, business reviews (QBP Process), reporting and trade management and account administration.
This role will also require strong project/time management skills coupled with strong interpersonal skills to handle multiple priorities and objectives aimed at meeting annual growth targets for assigned customers.
Customers for this segment may include: Broad line and Vending Distributors, Cash and Carry Wholesalers, Restaurants, Colleges and Universities, Hospitals, Business and Industry, Recreation and Education accounts.
The role will negotiate contracts and programming within their distributors. The MDM will identify, understand and analyze their customer’s opportunities and needs.
This person will proactively build high quality relationships at all levels (senior leadership, sales, marketing, procurement, finance and operations) within the distributor/customer.
- This role will own the relationship with large key operator customers and region accounts
- Represent PepsiCo portfolio (Frito Lay, Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Naked Juice, IZZE, and Sabra) of brands at customer
- Position will be responsible for delivering annual growth plan targets, trade spend and achieving division key performance indexes (KPI’s)
- Identify new business development opportunities within their territory
- On-going analysis and review of business trends to identify gaps to plan and execution
- Lead Annual Operating Plan & Forecast process, collaborating with Finance, Area Sales Manager and Region Director
- Make regular buyer calls, identify customer needs/priorities and creating fact-based selling presentations
- Ensure customer maintains a strategic product mix through SKU optimization -- both new item sell-in and/or SKU reduction
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience; preferably with a consumer packaged goods organization
- Foodservice and/or Distributor Experience Preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of fact-based selling experience
- Highly motivated individual with excellent communication, negotiation, influencing, and follow up skills
- Seasoned in conflict management
- Strong computer skills (Excel and Power Point)
- Solid understanding of financials including P&L impact of sales decisions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
- Proven leadership capability with a track record of influencing large multi-level teams
- Commitment and ability to succeed within a fast paced organization
- Self-Starter, ability and desire to work independently in the absence of direct supervision
- Proven ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to analyze and solve complex business issues
- Demonstrated professionalism and dependability
- Must be willing and able to lift 40 lbs. periodically
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement