The Traffic Resource leads a team of over-the-road drivers and department administrative employees with varying levels of experience and education. This role is responsible for people and team development, safety, quality, cost and service. The Traffic Resource role solves routine operational issues and motivates team to achieve established performance targets. The Traffic Resource may organizes and facilitates team meetings using continuous improvement processes as well as initiates and coaches the implementation of continuous improvement projects. The Traffic Resource administers policies and procedures and may conduct presentations and formal training.
Shift: Sunday night – Wednesday night (shift ends 9am Thursday morning) 3rd Shift 11pm-9am
- Support traffic center performance with focus on smart P&L decisions
- Drive Traffic Center culture
- Performs mode selection analysis on the use of common carrier or internal fleet
- Manage the performance of direct reports through performance reviews, frequent discussions, coaching, and career development action plans
- Work closely with upstream suppliers and downstream internal customers to deliver expected results
- Effective change leadership - drive business changes while minimizing people impact
- Coach for safe behaviors and compliance with safety policies and procedures
- Administer Company policies, contracts and procedures
- Demonstrate strong leadership behaviors and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business, management, logistics, or related field is strongly preferred. Relevant experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing, logistics, warehousing, or shipping, preferably food/beverage experience.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Excellent communication, facilitation and influence skills
- Experience developing/coaching hourly and exempt associates preferred
- Strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to lead, influence and manage stakeholders and project teams from multiple divisions, functions and vendors.
- Ability to lead and manage process change and organizational change
- Ability to effectively engage and articulate Supply Chain concepts at the tactical levels
- Ability to create a safe working environment, ensuring that all members are knowledgeable of good safety practices and procedures
- Demonstrated people and leadership skills with a record of achieving positive business results
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Ability to participate in tractor ride alongs with front line team to coach and develop driver core
- Ability to travel locally to visit customers and other Pepsico locations
- Ability to work 50 hours per week off-shifts, weekends, and holidays
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement