We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
Our Solutions Engineering team sits within PepsiCo’s Data Science and Analytics team, an internal tech accelerator made up of data scientists, software engineers, technology specialists and business innovators for the Fortune 50 CPG. The ideal applicant will thrive in an environment with broad access to thought leaders but little direct oversight on day to day basis, and where the successful path to a solution often requires exploration and curiosity to find.
What you can expect:
The Solutions Engineering team is currently seeking summer interns to collaborate on a variety of data science & analytics problems. Successful candidates will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing tools to collect new datasets (social media listening, attribute tagging, scraped image recognition) and working under the supervision of a full-time engineer to convert the collected data into meaningful insights.
Roles available in the following locations:
New York, New York
What we’re looking for:
- Create Statistical and/or Machine Learning based models to generate insights from billions of datapoints
- Identify potential paid & public sources of data and assess their value to the team’s projects
- Write systems to acquire & format external data sources for use in analytics projects
- Collaborate with non-technical stakeholders to ideate, prioritize and report on data sources and analyses
- Present approach and findings to technical & non-technical audiences across the company.
- Strong background in Statistics/Machine Learning
- Rock-Solid Python Skills
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Mathematics and graduate within one (1) year of internship completion
- Experience with MPP databases (Redshift, Snowflake, etc.) is a plus
- Experience/familiarity with querying languages such as SQL, PostgresSQL, MSSQL, or MySQL
- Embodies entrepreneurial mindset and key values of having a bias for action, results-oriented, community-focused, and prioritization of people
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement