PepsiCo operates in an environment undergoing immense and rapid change, driven by eCommerce and emergent retail technologies. To ensure continued success in the food and beverage space, PepsiCo has assembled a dedicated eCommerce team – tasked with optimizing eCommerce operations and developing innovations that will give PepsiCo a sustainable competitive advantage. While tied closely to broader PepsiCo, the eCommerce group more closely resembles a start-up environment; embracing the core values of having bias for action, being results oriented, maintaining a community-focus, and prioritizing people.
PepsiCo’s Data Science and Analytics group is a team of data scientists, technology specialists, and business innovators who operate within eCommerce to build industry-leading systems and solutions. By focusing on machine learning and automation, the Data Science & Analytics group is pushing the bounds of possibility for PepsiCo and its strategic partners.
What PepsiCo Data Science & Analytics does:
- Build machine learning systems to understand the cross-channel grocery ecosystem
- Perform statistical analysis across diverse datasets to drive and measure performance
- Work with PepsiCo’s strategic partners to expand their technical capabilities, thereby creating a more robust data environment
- Utilize natural language understanding techniques to uncover insights from contextual data
- Develop scalable tools to drive automation and optimize business operations
- Manage ETL processes to quickly organize data for analysis
- Leverage SQL for data querying across enterprise platforms
- Build out the necessary data structures optimized for eCommerce analytics, leveraging the on-premise data warehouse and other structured and unstructured data warehousing/storage platforms
- Partner with infrastructure and support teams to ensure the integrity of the environment
- Provide business analytics guidance as needed to ensure a quality project solution
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other STEM related area
- Experience in Data Warehouse implementation
- Development experience in ETL. Experience with SSIS a plus.
- Familiar with programming or scripting languages like PowerShell, Java, VB Script, PHP, Ruby, or R
- Experience writing SQL queries, with experience specifically on Teradata and SQL Server a plus
- Working knowledge of Hadoop, Map Reduce, and/or HDFS
- Ability to write data preparation scripts to prepare, integrate, clean, run and analyze big data such as Hive and Pig a plus
- Communicate to multiple levels of management within the organization as well as business partners
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing required prescreens, including, but not limited to, drug and alcohol screening and motor vehicle reports
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement