The Maintenance Supervisor will provide leadership for the maintenance team, plan maintenance projects, troubleshoot equipment issues and serve as a resource for maintenance craft employees in the Danville, IL Plant. The Supervisor will be accountable to ensure that the ongoing planning and scheduling of maintenance activities in these areas are effectively executed in a cost efficient manner. Will work closely with a Maintenance Planner to sustain these programs as well as provide day to day support in the maintenance functions.
- Implement preventive and predictive maintenance procedures on key processing and/or packaging equipment.
- Work with plant teams and maintenance personnel in identifying work in the area
- Oversee the completion of identified work including ordering of parts and planning the execution of this work
- Coach and develop area maintenance and other personnel in preventive/predictive maintenance principles and concepts
- Effectively administer the labor contract for craft employees
- Maintain shop equipment and area in a 5S manner
- Develop, maintain and administer safety programs
- Investigate and assign resources to maintenance needs as required to support operations
- Ensure work is completed in a satisfactory manner and ensure cost effective employee performance in the work completed
- Develop and maintain adherence to the operating units’ maintenance budgets
- Maintain the Computerized Maintenance Management System data base (CMMS)
- Effectively execute activities that provide improvement in Key Process Indicators
- Provide maintenance-related information and reports as required to help manage the business units in the most effective manner possible
- Learn and utilize the principles of Total Productive Manufacturing, (TPM) including the accountability for failure and countermeasure activity as defined by the plant. Focused Improvement and Preventative Maintenance pillar activity will be required
- Demonstrated experience in implementing preventive/predictive maintenance systems
- Must have excellent organizational skills to ensure ability to organize and scheduling maintenance activities
- Must have strong leadership skills to ensure ability to lead the technical resources that will be under direct supervision, as well as influence non-direct personnel in key maintenance related issues
- Experienced in a team-oriented cultures
- Strong communications skills
- Evidence of demonstrated skills in effective empowerment of employees
- Strong project management skills, responsibilities will include repair and capital project management
- Computer Skills. (CMMS, Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Experience working with pneumatic / power / and electrical transmission and fluid transfer systems
- Basic understanding of MCC’s and PLC systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred (Engineering or a technical field preferred)
- 3 – 5 years leadership experience in a manufacturing organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying priorities simultaneously
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter, needing little direction
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, conflict management and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated team building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people with varying levels of education, expertise and backgrounds
- Ability to work weekends and holidays when required
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement