The Sales Strategy/ Planning Specialist will lead the design and execution of new item and brand introductions, in-market incubation efforts, share growth strategies, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) execution, valuation of incremental spending requests, trade compliance and implementation (involves pricing and promotional strategy). This individual will be the liaison between Field Sales and the Business Unit (BU) marketing, category management, finance and supply chain for the assigned brands. This role provides real time customer data to support forecasting and selling processes. In addition, he/she will provide clear direction to the field to execute strategies consistent with the BU’s vision and current trends.
The Sales Planning Manager will also develop consumer informed sales strategies leveraging multiple go-to-market systems, while partnering with the BU’s channel leads to create tailored plans that meet/exceed goals.
Deliver Sales and Profit Objectives:
- Proactively develops go to market strategies, identifies business insights and white space opportunities, key drivers & trends to drive incremental volume, share, and profit while evaluating inefficient tactics that do not deliver company goals and objectives. Partners with sales team to achieve objectives.
- Participates in the development, coordination and alignment (internal/external) to 1yr, 3yr, 5yr Channel Plans (objectives, goals, strategies, tactics and resources) surrounding the key Category Drivers: Assortment, Price, Presence & Promotion. Achieve Account/Channel volume, share and profit.
Deliver Innovation and Productivity:
- Brings sales perspective early in the process of all new product/brand innovation efforts including determining size of prize, distribution and product placement, innovation sell-in strategy and tracking and feedback on marketing programming and timing.
- Serves as the “voice of sales” across all productivity programs that could impact the customer such as bracket pricing, minimum order sizes, etc. to optimize results.
Plan and Manage Program Delivery:
- Participates in the annual sales calendar and planning process including all Sales-facing Annual Operating Plan (AOP) & Execution Workshop meetings. Provides counsel on optimal launch timings, sequencing and strategic oversight across all channels to optimize launches and formats.
- Integrates and aligns customer needs and category management principles with the business unit strategies and objectives.
- Collaborate with category management to deliver fact based selling stories that deliver on category and brand growth initiatives.
- Budgets BU customer marketing funds for specific portfolio / customers. Aligns field sales, retail teams and BU to maximize brand specific programming.
- Provides clarity of AOP initiatives that will allow the channel objectives to be realized. Coordinate appropriate Channel/ Account communication process that is consistent with plan and initiative execution timeline requirements.
- Serves as key liaison with demand planning and supply chain on product forecasting process and serving as the single sales voice on issue resolution within supply chain or back to the customer teams.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of sales or sales related experience; preferably with a consumer packaged goods organization
- Previous people management experience preferred
Skills & Capabilities:
- Excellent analytical & technical skills – experience with IRI/syndicated data, Consumer Panel data as well as Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to utilize data to create compelling selling stories that support key brands/initiatives
- Strong knowledge of GTM systems including Warehouse, Chilled DSD, Bottlers, Distributors, FSV, etc. and all classes of channels and strategic customers. Expert knowledge of DSD/ Bottling Systems would be a strong consideration
- Strong time management skills, ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities and plan
- Solid use of influencing skills to gain alignment agreement and commitments
- Ability to work effectively within cross functional teams, proactively influence strategic decision making is a key skill
- Strong communication, collaboration, influence and impact skills at all levels within an organization
- Self-Starter, ability to work independently in the absence of direct supervision
- Strong presentation development skills (Development and delivery to senior levels)
- Exceptional results orientation – with a high degree of personal initiative and leadership
- Must be willing and able to travel 20% of the time
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement