Our employees are at the heart of PepsiCo. Through the Company's commitment to Talent Sustainability, we continue to support the development of employees. At PepsiCo, you get the best of both worlds: an entrepreneur’s mindset plus reach and resources. Our collaborative culture and worldwide presence generate a stream of new opportunities to define the future and propel your life’s work. Bring your unique perspective. Bring curiosity. Bring ingenuity, and drive. We’ll give you a platform to be daring on a global scale.
To provide Health & Safety advice and support in order to achieve the plant’s outstanding safety results, whilst ensuring compliance to Health & Safety Legislation.
H&S Supervisors are responsible for facilitating, monitoring, and improving the health and safety of employees in accordance with current legislation and the company standards.
A large amount of time is spent on the shop floor to inspect, observe and advise where premises, equipment and procedures are checked for compliance with H&S legislation and company standards.
The job include: investigating accidents, complaints and cases of ill-health; writing reports, recording infringements of the law; providing advice and recommendations; gathering and preparing legal evidence if required by authorities or the company’s legal advisor/department.
To assist the H&S Manager in the implementation, development and monitoring of the H&S policies and procedures.
To provide competent professional advice, support and assistance to employees as directed by the H&S Manager.
• Monitor compliance to the following systems and provide accurate, timely feedback to gain improvement in safety systems: Accident/Incident, P.G.I compliance, Action tracking to enable this information to be included in the monthly FLM scorecard.
• Continually develops effective communication media for communication at all levels of the business through weekly bulletin and notice boards
• Support on-going development of RUH Plant’s safety action team by Leading/attending regular meeting ensuring seen as coach by both FLM and FLE’s.
• Ensure relevant data is kept up to date, accurate and available - using this data to identify trends.
• Provide weekly accident report to plant management ensuring this is translated into monthly report for inclusion in group report from accident/incident data base
• Carry out inductions to Front line teams as and when required.
• Co-ordinate the implementation of various ERP sections/RMS’s as identified by H&S manager to enable RUH Plant to sustain /improve ERP standard.
• Maintain integrity and coordinate development and actions of site SARAS through SAT teams.
• Involvement in RUH Plant’s risk assessment program to carry out/ support various assessments i.e. Manual Handling, C.O.S.H.H, PUWER.
• Carry out monthly audits on Accident Investigation, P.G.I to ensure FLM receive feedback to ensure standards maintained by FLM team to drive continuous improvement.
• Develop and deliver training to the front line teams on safety systems and requirements including safe working practices.
• Provide guidance and coaching to management team through internal audit program as defined by the H&S manager
• Liaise with Civil Defense and Modon in respect of compliance to legislation, and GOSI in respect of personal injury compensation claims.
• Management of P.P.E. including management and distribution to agency personnel.
• Control of all safety documentation within document control procedure.
• Support Occupational Health nurse as defined by H&S manager
• Support the business by conducting ERP audits achieving level 3 sign off in line with agreed timescales with H&S manager.
• Conducts behavioral safety observations and provide support to develop site BS program
§ Assertive, firm, persistent and resilient, with excellent communication at all levels of the organization. H&S specialist should be able to communicate clearly and confidently on 1:1, in writing and presenting in group situations and able to put message across to wide ranging audience.
§ Strong and Confident team player with interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills and able to adapt to different audiences.
§ Strong influencing skills with the ability to manage in all directions and is comfortable dealing with difficult discussions and situations.
§ A self motivated person with the ability to identify, initiate and implement corrective actions.
§ Good project management skills - able to manage own time and gain time and commitment from others with reference to actions plans. Able to gain high level overview to ensure plans are coordinated and effective.
§ Continual professional development is an important part of the job, as health and safety regulations can be complicated and subject to frequent amendment.
§ Apply strong analytical skills, flexible thinking and problem solving in a systematic manner and able to collect, present and interpret data.
Ability to influence behavior of peers/FLEs without direct reporting relationship.
Excellent English (spoken and written) is a must.
Experience in the same field is a plus
Ability to coach and support others to ensure requirements understood/met.
Confident PC user and knowledge of Microsoft office package
Job Type: Regular