This role is part of the Derivatives Center of Excellence (“COE”), which is a corporate function responsible for the valuation, accounting and reporting of derivatives and hedging in accordance with ASC 815.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare periodic accounting close entries and related reporting for commodity, foreign exchange, interest rate and cross currency swap hedging programs
- Assist in the implementation of new commodity and foreign exchange derivative programs in accounting software (Reval)
- Analyze the accounting for any new hedging program and determine whether the use of hedge accounting is appropriate under US GAAP
- Prepare initial documentation for contracts qualifying for hedge accounting
- Prepare quarterly regression analysis, effectiveness testing and contract reconciliation for derivative instruments (i.e. forwards, swaps and futures)
- Generate periodic reports from Reval to enable senior management to analyze the impact of PepsiCo’s derivatives
- Perform quarterly broker reconciliations
- Communicate with the divisions on a regular basis regarding derivative activity
- Ensure effective internal SOX control procedures are in place and operating effectively
- Prepare quarterly and annual footnotes for 10-Q and 10-K reporting
- Gain systems experience
- Opportunity to learn robotics,
- Exposure to senior leaders
- Potential for future mobility within Corporate Control and/or PepsiCo divisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3 + years of experience in Accounting/Auditing
- Big 4 accounting experience
- Derivatives accounting experience is not required as training will be provided
- Flexible, creative, resourceful, self-motivated with desire for self-improvement
- Interest in process improvement
- Highly Proficient in MS Excel
- Excellent analytical skills to vet complicated hedging strategies
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining high levels of accuracy
- Highly motivated and able to work with a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement