Step up to the biggest challenge of your career and realize your potential when your determination meets our dynamic culture!
Pepsi Lipton is a Joint Venture formed between PepsiCo and Unilever in order to capitalize on growth of the ready-to-drink tea segment. It is a global business worth 3.0 billion USD today, growing volume at the rate of 4-5% and with double digit increase of its net revenues. Our vision is to expand our global leadership and enter new benefit areas with current and additional brands. The Product Development Senior Technician will support the Pepsi Lipton Americas R&D team.
- Perform all activities in a safe manner and within the context of all PepsiCo safety protocols.
- Support scientists in testing new ingredients and developing beverage models.
- Accurately prepare beverage and beverage concentrate samples for experimentation by:
- Developing a detailed testing plan with timeline
- Scheduling production runs in technical center
- Acquiring necessary ingredients and packaging
- Coordinate the production and storage of samples
- Submit samples for analytical or sensory testing
- Thoroughly document experimental details in laboratory notebook
- Maintain and document laboratory inventory.
- Partner externally to source ingredients and leverage vendor expertise.
- Participate as an active member of cross-functional business development teams comprised of individuals from a variety of disciplines, including Product Development, Ingredient Development, Engineering and other groups.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized laboratory environment.
- Effectively work with members of other groups in order to maintain the lab or conduct lab work.
- Ability to manage and learn a wide variety of products within the Pepsi Lipton North & Latin American portfolios
- Ability to manage multiple project tasks to support the individuals of the workgroup, manage time and expectations for group needs. Effectively communicate conflict of requests.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to working safely and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Ability to flawlessly execute bench work.
- Be proactive, reliable and self-motivated.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to proactively and positively interface with various technical functions.
- Be well organized, capture work details and learning and highlight any unexpected learning.
- Possess ability to work successful in cross-functional teams.
- Computer Skills: MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Outlook (email/calendar)
- Bachelor’s Degree in scientific or engineering field
- At least one year experience as a Technician and/or Summer Intern experience(s) at a consumer goods company
- Laboratory bench work experience in school or industry. (Work in food and beverage industry a plus.)
- Familiarity with common lab analytical instruments and beverage processing equipment
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement