PepsiCo operates in an environment undergoing immense and rapid change, driven by eCommerce and emergent retail technologies. To ensure continued success in the food and beverage space, PepsiCo has assembled a dedicated eCommerce team – tasked with optimizing eCommerce operations and developing innovations that will give PepsiCo a sustainable competitive advantage. While tied closely to broader PepsiCo, the eCommerce group more closely resembles a start-up environment; embracing the core values of having bias for action, being results oriented, maintaining a community-focus, and prioritizing people.
PepsiCo’s Data Science and Analytics group is a team of data scientists, technology specialists, and business innovators who operate within eCommerce to build industry-leading systems and solutions. By focusing on machine learning and automation, the Data Science & Analytics group is pushing the bounds of possibility for PepsiCo and its strategic partners.
What PepsiCo Data Science & Analytics does:
- Build machine learning systems to understand the cross-channel grocery ecosystem
- Perform statistical analysis across diverse datasets to drive and measure performance
- Work with PepsiCo’s strategic partners to expand their technical capabilities, thereby creating a more robust data environment
- Utilize natural language understanding techniques to uncover insights from contextual data
- Develop scalable tools to drive automation and optimize business operations
- Independently interview business users to gather and fully understand requirements
- Recognize and access required data from a SQL Server database
- Design reporting and business intelligence products, including visualizations
- Maintain documentation and user guides for created products
- Present products to business users and seek feedback for continued improvement
- Provide business analytics guidance as needed to ensure a quality project solution
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Engineering, or other STEM related area preferred)
- 6 or more years of work experience, 3 years with a Masters
- Experience writing SQL queries, specifically on SQL Server
- Development experience with reporting/visualization platforms (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Intermediate to expert level experience in Excel
- Strong professional communication skills
- Programming experience (VBA, Python or .NET) a plus
- Experience in project management a plus
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing required prescreens, including, but not limited to, drug and alcohol screening and motor vehicle reports
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement