This is a critical, customer facing insights leadership role for Dollar General, one of our top growth accounts. This leader will be accountable for leading a team of 6, including 3 Senior Managers, who develop and lead category strategies across all PepsiCo categories based on shopper insights and trends and aligns these insights to PepsiCo (PEP) brands to drive category and market share growth with customers.
The Director of Category Leadership is responsible for leading the category management consultancy with Dollar General. You will be distinguished as a thought leader and provide expert advisorship on beverages, snacks, and breakfast categories. This leader will focus on both delivering growth and key AOP priorities and shape a long term growth agenda with key insight driven platforms, such as accelerating immediate consumption. You will develop category management strategies and tactics to accelerate both category growth and maximize the growth potential from the PepsiCo portfolio. You will possess excellent customer management skills, be comfortable navigating ambiguity to define a clear direction on strategic projects and skilled at gaining alignment on strategic initiatives with customers. You will have well developed cross functional collaboration skills, and partner to leverage cross functional resources to shape and deliver an insights driven category growth agenda.
The Director will have a high people development focus, lead their team to shape and lead the category insights agenda with Dollar General and successfully lead the talent management priorities with their team. The Director will foster and maintain key relationships between sales and other key functional partners such as shopper insights, shopper marketing, space engineering and their peers. You will have strong category management functional skills, and will leverage to coach their teams to higher levels of performance and contribution, as well as coach customers on best practice techniques and overall project management on key initiatives such as POG/assortment commercialization. The Director will lead the JBP process from an insights accountability standpoint and partner closely with their sales leads and customer to identify problems to solve, identify a suite of potential solutions and collaborate to refine and develop the growth priorities to be executed. Primary research experience desirable but not required.
- Leads Dollar General Category Leadership team inclusive of Category Captaincies
- Advisor to DG VP/GM and sales leadership, local Insights lead during JBP process
- Leads key customer advisory initiatives at the category level as well as aisle/department level
- Leads development of category “DeComps” to unlock growth opportunities (internally and externally)
- Leads Customer and Channel learning agendas
- Delivers localized shopper insights for JBP (PepsiCo Insight Lead, Category/Department strategies, as well as insights that support PepsiCo AOP Innovation and Initiatives)
- Delivers PepsiCo enterprise scorecarding for local selling teams
- Delivers fact-based selling stories to drive PepsiCo Sales growth and profit
- Drives BU-specific strategic decisions with impact on the Demand Xcelerator function for ad hoc/in plan requests
- Provides post promotion analysis (PPA) on major customer programs (both PEP led and non-PEP led)
- Presents strategy to PepsiCo Leadership to gain alignment
- Performs analysis to maximize and optimize the execution framework (e.g., ads, displays assortment, space, promotion) for each customer
- Conducts post promotion analysis (e.g., shopper/scan) on key initiatives
- Maintains frequent, clear, and open communication with cross-functional teams regarding projects, insights, and company issues
- Collaborates with data partners (e.g., 3rd party resources) to negotiate contracts and maintain ongoing accuracy of business
- Collaborates with customer field leadership and franchise bottlers to grow categories in certain markets
- Builds and maintains long-term relationships with customer through frequent contact, delivering actionable objective insights
- Bachelor’s Degree required/ MBA Preferred
- 8-10 years of Category Management / Analyzing and Interpreting data / Team Project Management experience
- Customer relationship development
- Proven people management capability/ able to coach and inspire others
- Advanced analytics leveraging multiple data sources, including IRI, Household Panel,1010
- Strategic thought leadership
- Customer service orientation
- Persuasive leadership and influence
- Business relationship management
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Skilled with Powerpoint and developing compelling insights presentations (both content and visualization)
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement