The Hive is a new entity within PepsiCo dedicated to developing and nurturing rising, trend-forward, high-potential brands. The Hive will combine the vitality and creativity of a startup with the marketing and go-to-market prowess of PepsiCo’s best and brightest. The Hive’s mission is to incubate and accelerate the next generation of PepsiCo brands for consumers to love, and ultimately driving our future success. The Hive will partner closely with the PepsiCo e-commerce team to add new brands to its portfolio. The objective is that once the brands in The Hive achieve meaningful scale; they will graduate to PepsiCo’s world-class distribution network. The Hive is looking for those with the entrepreneurial spirit to take a risk and follow their curiosity in order to uncover and capitalize on future CPG trends.
Groceries / consumables is one of the last consumer segments being transformed by eCommerce. As one of the fastest-growing areas within the CPG industry it represents an enormous opportunity across geographies (and a potential threat) for players like PepsiCo.
To ensure we are winning in this space PepsiCo established an eCommerce group in 2015, bringing together talent from across technology, CPGs and retailers. We are a young, results-oriented community pursuing triple digit growth in the space, independent from the PepsiCo ‘mothership’ when we need to be and leveraging PepsiCo’s resources where we can. The eCommerce team has its own office near Bryant Park in NYC.
Portfolio innovation is a critical component of this new organization: creating channel-proof and future-proof brands, categories, ingredients and packaging. We are approaching this threefold, by breaking into fast-growth online categories where PepsiCo is under-represented today, by accelerating the innovation pipeline of PepsiCo’s R&D teams and by transforming our existing assortment for the online channel. The Innovation Manager will contribute to each of these efforts.
Success in this role is about driving impact – we are looking for a Manager who can balance project ownership with analytical work while pre-empting all consumer / business implications (e.g., supply chain). The candidate should be highly comfortable working and influencing cross-functional stakeholders – for example in Commercial, Sales and Marketing teams. The role will report to our eCommerce Innovation Manager and be based in our Global eComm HQ in NYC.
Create Innovation insights, translate into business opportunities (33% - 50% of time)
- Rigorously analyze the eCommerce potential, and product/branding criteria for success, of PepsiCo-developed product concepts
- Assess competitive assortment advantages and rigorously identify current PepsiCo assortment gaps. Develop product, price-point, packaging recommendations to close these gaps
- Conduct root-cause performance drive analysis of recent launches to understand drivers of over- and under-performance, solve any identified issues
- Translate all findings into ‘killer insights’ that will drive change in the eCommerce team, and PepsiCo more broadly
- As relevant, develop innovation reporting & score-carding to measure PepsiCo innovation performance
Launch new Innovation (33% - 50%)
- Based on insights, develop and prioritize spaces and detailed Innovation product concepts
- Develop product development and launch plans for eCommerce with all cross-functional stakeholders
- Own the success of the development and launch, leading / influencing cross-functional teams towards on-time execution, managing against timelines, escalating roadblocks as appropriate
Drive develop complex analytics tools for Innovation (20%)
- Be the “business voice” in scoping and prioritizing Innovation analytics projects with eCommerce Data Science team, be able to divide large projects into bitesize chunks
- Support Data Science team with QA of requested tools, escalate quality concerns
- 4+ years professional experience, of which 2 years in analytical role and/or strategy consulting
- Proven track record of scoping and executing impactful analyses, with proven impact on the business
- Proven track record of project management from ideation to launch. Product Innovation/Commercialization experience in large CPG strongly preferred
- Proven track record of translating business needs into data/tech projects, working with data/tech teams, some experience with QA of output
- Comfort with ambiguity as demonstrated by being able to adapt in less-structured environment
- Experience in eCommerce and/or start-up environment not required, but preferred
- Passion for Food & Beverages, and for eCommerce
- Strong ability to influence and work through others to effectively navigate matrixed organization while ensuring that necessary stakeholders are informed
- Able to scope and plan analyses that will yield critical answers to key questions for driving growth
- Able to execute zero-defect analysis with minimal support; translation of findings into meaningful insights, integrating relevant business knowledge as well as learning from other projects/sources
- Able to communicate the implications of analysis to upper management clearly
- Excellent organization, presentation, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required, proficiency in SQL strongly preferred
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing required prescreens, including, but not limited to, drug and alcohol screening and motor vehicle reports
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement