PepsiCo is seeking a high performing Maintenance Manager who is looking for a new challenge. The successful candidate will be based at our UK’s biggest Distribution Centre in Leicester. Working closely with our manufacturing and supply chain teams we distribute the majority of our own products, and this is all made possible by the Southern Region Distribution Centre (SRDC). If we’re not operating efficiently then our customers won’t find our great products on the supermarket shelves…which is not good for business!
As Maintenance Manager, you’ll lead the site Engineering Team in their objective to continuously improve the availability of equipment. You’ll ensure we distribute products in a safe and cost-effective way and maintain the site facilities to a required standard across the SRDC and neighbouring sites.
This role also plays a major part in delivering the site’s capital agenda through strong technical and project management skills.
What you’ll get up to:
- Implement PepsiCo UK’s engineering strategy and drive improvement ensuring all principles are followed.
- Be responsible for the performance and maintenance of all the mechanical handling equipment, including monorail, cranes, conveyors etc.
- Develop the annual operation plan and manage of all technical budgets.
- Lead the technical safety agenda, ensuring site maintain a robust contractor management and health and safety program.
- Liaise with Central Engineering, all major equipment suppliers and project teams to develop and optimise equipment design to drive productivity at site.
- Use and develop exiting systems to measure performance and KPIs, using data to manage individual and equipment performance.
- Be site lead for capital process, writing new capex’s and managing projects on site, as well as closing completed projects.
- Manage the SRDC Engineering Stores.
- Manage SDRC and neighbouring site facilities
- Manage control systems support, pest control and contract cleaning.
- Support off site storage regarding technical issues and all CMMS requests.
What we’re looking for:
- Time served engineer, minimum HND, NVQ5, in a relevant Mechanical/Electrical discipline (ideally level 3 qualified) ideally qualified to degree level. (Persons educated through an apprenticeship route would be considered based on their individual merits.)
- In-depth knowledge of electrical/electronic controls with industrial experience. Food manufacturing experience would also be an advantage.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; prepared to challenge assumptions.
- Proven people management skills; ability to develop and motivate team.
- Strong project management skills or critical experience gained in delivering capital projects.
- Awareness of MBP (implementation of maintenance best practice.)
- Experience of CMMS utilisation and development.
- Requires a high level of focus on delivering results, taking others with you via strong communication and influencing skills.
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers Crisps and Quaker Oats, we have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the eighth year in a row!
#LI-UKRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Pipeline