Bring your passion and talent to our stage and continue to share our future and deliver innovative products to our consumers.
When your commitment to serve meets our Winning with Purpose agenda, we can leave a lasting positive impact on society and the environment. Find out how!
This position resides with in the Discovery and Application organization of R&D located in Barrington ( IL) PepsiCo campus. This position requires good understanding of food process technology, ingredient functionality, and understanding pertinent product design elements from food safety perspective. The scope of responsibility includes - developing technical applications opportunities for Grains, Fruits and Vegetables and other emerging platforms. The role will also partner with external entities and strategic suppliers, as we unleash and progress key enabling technologies.
This position will offer a tremendous opportunity to develop technical capability programs, application models and technical solutions for consumer-centric problems. In addition, this role will engage in critical collaborations with product development, Food safety center of excellence, process engineering, and commercialization teams. The successful candidate will be innovative, thrive in an intense and dynamic environment, and use his/her creative and imaginative problem-solving skills to help develop and progress technology platforms for new product pipeline /platform development.
- Develop research program project plans, including project scope, success criteria, timelines, resources needs, critical assumptions, and potential issues
- Demonstrate idea leadership and influence others to, both within R&D and across other functional areas to progress and achieve milestones of technology programs
- Utilizes technical knowledge, problem-solving skills and an awareness of PepsiCo priorities to achieve desired results
- Participate and support IP strategy work and ring –fencing approaches
- Identify and progress technology led ideas, build and develop external partnerships with strategic suppliers and research entities
- Design and execute laboratory and pilot plant testing following good scientific protocol. Advance R&D foundational knowledge in application of good scientific principles and the utilization of improved techniques and approaches
- Bachelors of Science
- 3-4 Years of Experience in food/chemical and bio engineering or food technology
- Or M.S. with 1-2 Years of Experience or PhD with 1 Year of Experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as well as independently on projects
- Strong communication skills and a passion for working in a fast-paced and evolving organization
- Good understanding food processes, systems and controls, ingredient functionality, food safety principles and bench top technical applications work planning and execution
- Prefer prior food research /product development /commercialization experience in food industry
- Strong technical approaches in developing/progressing technology programs in partnership with R&D cross –functional teams
- Travel required (US and International)—estimate 20%
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement