PepsiCo’s Global Office of Sustainability provides leadership for the sustainability agenda through strategy development, communication and coordination of PepsiCo’s sustainability platform with teams across the Company. Critical to the success of our sustainability agenda is our ability to determine the ROI of our sustainability initiatives, articulate the business impact and leverage data-driven performance results to advance strategic decision making. This function focuses on embedding sustainability into decision making across PepsiCo to drive more effective outcomes. Additionally, this function is responsible for ensuring that our sustainability agenda and progress is well wired into business processes and well communicated both internally and externally.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for managing two core programs: PepsiCo’s new sustainability analytics initiative and sustainability reporting efforts.
- As PepsiCo advances its sustainability program and transparency efforts, we are moving to the next generation of data-driven decision making. By leveraging sustainability data being collected as part of our reporting process, we are able to use advanced analytics to identify performance trends, unlock insights, optimize resource allocation and predict future sustainability performance. This allows us to be more strategic, efficient and effective with the tactics we use to meet our sustainability goals. The candidate selected for this role will be responsible for growing this nascent program and socializing the team’s capabilities throughout the Company.
- PepsiCo maintains a robust sustainability reporting program designed to adhere to international reporting frameworks (including GRI, CDP, MSCI, etc.) and to meet stakeholder expectations for transparency. This role will manage all aspects of our sustainability reporting program to ensure PepsiCo remains a leader in this space.
- Manage development of sustainability analytics program; support creation of short and long term strategy for burgeoning program.
- Manage cross-functional team to drive sustainability analytics agenda including IT, Statistics, business partners and external consultants.
- Advance ongoing analytics projects related to human rights, packaging, agriculture, and water.
- Socialize analytics capabilities within the Company to build enthusiasm and support for additional use cases.
- Serve as liaison between business partners and statisticians to identify sustainability use cases and structure analytics questions.
- Use expert understanding of sustainability concepts and PepsiCo business model to conduct due diligence on statistical results.
- Provide coaching and guidance to IT team to ensure data cleansing, structuring and harmonization is aligned with business questions and objectives.
- Manage external sustainability reporting efforts to ensure compliance with international frameworks (including GRI) and to meet/exceed stakeholder expectations for transparency.
- Manage all aspects of reporting process including: partnering with Subject Matter Experts within the business to develop report content, write and update reports, coordinate with Corporate Control and Legal teams for the review process, work with designer to create visual elements, utilize and promote digital platform (Workiva), and coordinate with Corporate Communications to successfully launch annual report(s).
- Manage and support sustainability data aggregation, analysis and reporting; track progress against sustainability commitments and identify opportunities and obstacles to improvement.
- Lead effort to develop annual GRI Index, conduct periodic Materiality Assessments and benchmark PepsiCo’s transparency efforts against peers.
- Contribute to the corporate reporting strategy to maintain leadership status.
- Serve as thought leader within the Company for sustainability reporting trends, upcoming regulations, stakeholder expectations and/or new developments in reporting frameworks.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree or MBA in Sustainability, Environmental Policy or related technical fields strongly preferred
- 8+ years of increasing responsibilities leading sustainability programs, reporting and or analytics work
- Familiarity with statistics, data analytics, data science or similar required
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, basic knowledge of Tableau
- Experience with reporting frameworks including GRI, CDP, DJSI, SASB
- Experience in a similar role within a CPG or F&B Company preferred
- Willingness to travel ~10-20% of time
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Analytical thinker with ability to produce and interpret statistical results
- Ability to direct visual representations of data and progress
- Deep understanding of sustainability, social and environmental trends and issues
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions, cultures and multiple levels of the organization across the Company globally
- Self- starter
- Results driven
- Ability to successfully navigate ambiguity and juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced matrix organization
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage change and drive future performance
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement