We are PepsiCo Sales. We are game changers, mountain movers and history makers. We are a diverse group, spread among 200 countries and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
That's why we perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies and improve processes…all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
Orlando preferred; some location flexibility will be considered within the South Division geography (e.g., Atlanta, Miami, Tampa, Nashville, Washington DC, Baltimore)
- Support Manager, Sales Strategy with daily work load/projects related to Small Format and Foodservice channels. Main workstreams include AOP initiatives/projects and executional tracking
- Build analytics at category, channel and customer level to uncover impactful opportunities for the South Division
- Manage analyses to support customer segmentation work in partnership with Revenue Management that will set parameters for resource allocation and prioritization
- Develop models/templates to help create standardized sell stories to arm sales teams with best in class selling materials
- Consolidate playbooks to capture critical marketing and sales programming and cascade to selling organization
- Create scorecards to track progress against AOP big bets and KPI's for the channels
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of management consulting, internal strategy and/or category management experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Strong analytical skills: ability to understand, interpret, and communicate complex data
- Excellent communication skills: ability to send and receive information clearly and concisely
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and influence effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong planning/organizing skills: capable of managing major projects simultaneously
- Able to work independently and self-manage priorities and workflow
- Outstanding Powerpoint and presentation skills
- Excellent computational skills, e.g., advanced Excel, Tableau, IRI
- Prior experience working with PepsiCo internal sales systems is a plus
- Prior knowledge working with systems data: Essbase, ERT, BI/Business Objects.
- Prior Sales and/or supply planning experience is beneficial
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement