Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short & long term performance goals
• Communicate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
• Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
• Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, roundtables, etc.)
• Solve daily operational issues
• Administer policies and practices Initiate and implement projects
• Conduct presentations and formal training programs
• Improve team communication and engagement
• Think quickly, creatively and challenge team to do the same
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings
- Solve daily Operational and Quality issues
- Administer policies and practices
- Initiate and implement projects
- Conduct presentations and formal training programs
- Improve team communication
- The Front Line Leader will be accountable for an operations Unit and shares the supervision of hourly reports during the off shift.
- The incumbent will execute the operational plan developed by the appropriate Business Unit Leader and provide leadership in meeting production requirements.
- The Front Line Leader will monitor and lead good Quality Assurance, GMP, HACCP, Allergen, sanitation and housekeeping practices. He or she will ensure the hourly team clearly understands Quality requirements and takes appropriate action for Q.A. decisions.
- The incumbent will lead and document all quality incidents during the offshifts, issuing and securing Product Holds as required.
- The incumbent is accountable for meeting production schedules developed through the Business Unit Leader.
- He or she will work with the hourly team to help them understand efficiencies, yields and costs, and to effectively utilize this knowledge in improving production efficiencies during their shift.
- The incumbent will serve as a liaison with other teams in co-ordinating workflows within the plant. He or she will work with the hourly maintenance personnel to ensure machine and facility repair are complete and effective.
- The Front Line Leader will be challenged to empower their hourly team to achieve maximum effectiveness through decision making, problem solving and skill acquisition.
- Of significance is the incumbent's ability to communicate effectively with his or her team and with other Business Units. Maintaining effective employee relations supported by good contract administration requires awareness and sensitivity to team members.
- Recommended background for a Front Line Leader would include operations and quality experience, six sigma understanding, good human relations skills and the ability to work effectively within a team framework.
- May coach autonomous maintenance teams.
- Administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
Ability to work in a unionized work environment
Ability to create a safe working environment, ensuring that all members are knowledgeable of good safety practices and procedures
Knowledge of GMP and experience managing Quality incidents
Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
Knowledge Continuous Improvement Processes
Team based approach to decision making with demonstrated people and leadership skills
Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
Project management skills
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Flexible – willingness to work off shifts and weekends
Team based approach to decision making
Job Type: Regular