Who We Are…
PepsiCo Design & Innovation is a creatively driven team that leverages the power of Design Thinking to solve brand and business problems that drive meaningful value and growth. Our team’s mission is to lead the innovation agendas in order to accelerate and transform PepsiCo’s Global brands and businesses beyond its core, unlocking the future of CPG. We innovate with intent; to solve real problems, for real people, in the real world. We innovate to incite positive change – for people, brands, business and the world around us.
As part of our Beyond the Bottle business, we’ve recently launched a new hydration platform enabling our consumers to stay hydrated with great-tasting beverages, digitally track their hydration, and help meet the growing consumer demand for smarter and more sustainable on-the-go beverage options. Built to reflect how people drink water today, the new hydration platform is a connected ecosystem that responds to the rise in consumption of low-and-no-sugar drinks as well as heightened focus on plastic’s effect on the environment. As the Beyond the Bottle strategy evolves, Design & Innovation will play a critical role in driving the hydration innovation agenda with a focus on health, sustainability, and elevating the consumer experience.
In this new role as Sr. UI/UX Design Manager, you will be the strategic lead for all aspects of digital UX on key innovation projects by providing expertise and guidance to deliver a user experience loved by all. You’ll partner closely and manage relationships with front-end and back-end development teams, UX researchers, visual designers, copywriters, and agencies to drive the digital touch point across equipment, mobile, and web for our Foodservice customer and consumer portals.
Define the UI/UX Mission, Vision, Strategy and Roadmap:
- Engage and empathize with diverse stakeholders (i.e. Marketing, IT, R&D) to understand and frame opportunities
- Build a masterful understanding of our end-users and their pain points through leading research efforts and be the voice of the end-users
- Collaborate to define and communicate a clear UX mission, vision and strategy
- Deliver an integrated UX roadmap that balances user desirability, functional viability and technical feasibility
- Define quantifiable ways to measure success and adoption
Implement Digital UI/UX Strategy:
- Plan, conduct and synthesize research using standard methodologies and tools (i.e. surveys, contextual observation, interviews, focus groups, affinity maps, personas, archetypes, empathy maps, user journeys, etc.)
- Analyze data to improve user experience and develop new functionality
- Visualize ideas using low fidelity to high fidelity techniques. (i.e. post it notes, sketches, story boards, user journeys, service blueprints, interaction models, flows, visual design mockups, and wireframes)
- Balance UI/UX best practices, aesthetics and user research with data and analytics when making design decisions
- Design and develop UI/UX specifications for mobile and other platforms in partnership with agencies and visual designers
Continuous Improvement & Taking Others Along:
- Encourage progressive thinking and the pushing of boundaries of the digital user experience and it’s cross-over into the physical experience
- Conduct UI/UX usability and experiential tests to ensure the user experience is positive and continuously improving
- Continuously measure design effectiveness and processes, implementing changes as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Design.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in UI/UX, Digital UX across multiple platforms (i.e. mobile, equipment, web)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong relationship building and collaboration across diverse teams.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically while executing tactically
- Experience with Agile development methodology and working in sprints
- Ability to understand and communicate business and technical issues
- Ability to simplify complex problems creatively, manage risk and influence rapid decision-making
- Embraces change and able to navigate through ambiguity
- Proficiency with digital UX prototyping software – Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Sketch or Principle required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced skills with Service Design tools – must have expertise in creating experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows and wireframes
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement