We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the Possibilities of PepsiCo.
The Maintenance Manager leads a maintenance department that includes front line supervisors and a team of mechanics. She or he is responsible for people and team development, motivating the team and ensuring quality performance. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety for an entire business unit across all shifts. This role will also include achieving site performance for uptime, equipment reliability, overall equipment effectiveness, and building/grounds maintenance. This role will also coach team members to utilize the processes and facilitate problem solving on the floor.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure that front line supervisors and teams within the business unit are developed and held accountable for achieving individual, team and business unit goals
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Deliver effective change leadership while driving business changes and minimizing people impact
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly and salaried personnel
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Motivate and hold team members accountable to achieve plan goals
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, roundtables, etc.)
- Work closely with suppliers and internal customers to deliver expected results
- Administer policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance at the work site
- Initiate and implement projects
- Conduct presentations and formal training programs
- Seek out and implement best practices
- Solve daily operational issues
- This role requires regular presence on the plant floor
- This role occasionally requires lifting up to 40 lbs.
- This role requires occasional work in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
- This role may operate forklift and manufacturing equipment occasionally
- This role may require off-shift and weekend work
- This role may require some travel (less than 5%)
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required
- A Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree is preferred
- 5 years of managerial experience in a manufacturing and warehouse environment is required
- 3-5 years of experience in the Food & Beverage industry is required
- Planning & scheduling
- Leading & motivating small teams of front line & supervisor level employees
- Process Orientation and systems knowledge. Experience with Rockwell and/or Siemens systems is preferred
- Mechanical Aptitude/Technical Expertise including experience with blow molding & labeling systems is preferred
- Experience in a high speed manufacturing environment is preferred
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement