We are recruiting a Micro Specialist to join our QA Sciences team in Cork on a permanent basis.
We are part of Measurement Science which form part of global R&D. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast-paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.The Microbiology Specialist will work with Business Sectors, Bottlers and Suppliers in the development, and implementation of Quality Programs as well as building Field capability through the development and delivery of Best Practice Tools to support all Plant Programs.
The position is responsible for interfacing and/or interacting with Business Sectors supporting innovation, trouble shooting and other customer needs, ensuring all analysis is conducted in a timely fashion.
- Schedule and perform accurate analysis and reporting of microbiological samples in compliance with PepsiCo Global procedures and standards.
- Prepare lab solutions, reagents and controls in the lab.
- Review and interpret test results. Provide technical support and/or analytical support to the customer on any poor/unusual results. Technical support may include plant support & data review etc.
- Be part of a global laboratory team to ensure alignment and consistency across processes and practices
- Conduct test method investigations and validations for accreditation where required.
- Develop reference files, quality control charts, and graphs on laboratory data.
- Participate and demonstrate competency in proficiency testing schemes, and ensure adequate follow up to the results recovered.
- Demonstrate competent use of laboratory business information and reporting systems (LIMS).
- Work with analysts to monitor monthly Key Performance Indicators and report them to Lab Manager and Global Quality Coordinator, highlighting any issues, concerns etc.
- Work with the team, Quality Manager and Laboratory Manager to ensure compliance to Quality Management System, as well as ISO17025 requirements and accreditation body requirements.
- Responsibility for equipment calibration and maintenance schedule for Micro lab.
- Demonstrate adherence to site Health & Safety and Good Laboratory Practice policies and procedures.
- Microbiology/ Nutritional Science/Food Science/Technology qualification to BSc degree level as a minimum requirement.
- Minimum 4 years work experience essential, with good knowledge of media preparation make up, sterilisation, supplementation, pouring plates, QC validations.
- Working as part of a global team in a subject matter expertise role is advantageous.
- Communicates effectively and follows detailed written and verbal instruction.
- Flexibility regarding priority changes.
- Good organizational, time-management and teamwork skills.
- Self-starter, proactive in delivering results and a good organiser.
- Cooperate with co-workers within an organized team environment or work alone with supervision.
- Manage time effectively to complete assignments in expected time frame.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a cross functional and global environment (cultural awareness)
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a Microbiology Specialist. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be R&D QA Associate Scientist.
#LI-IRELANDRelocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular