Pepsi Beverages North America (PBNA) is PepsiCo’s beverage manufacturing, sales, and distribution operating unit in the U.S. and Canada. PBNA is comprised of 11 billion-dollar brands that span carbonated soft drinks, juices and juice drinks, ready-to-drink teas and coffees, sports drinks, and bottled waters. We steward some of the world’s most iconic brands including Pepsi, Aquafina, Mountain Dew, Miranda, 7Up; as well as driving exciting new brands like Caleb’s Kola, Stubborn Soda, LifeWTR and IZZE.
As the Market GM Designate, your position will be part of the North America Beverage organization, and you will lead a sales team that influences growth across our brands- specifically Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist, Aquafina, Gatorade, SoBe, Lipton, and Amp Energy.
The Market GM Designate role is designed as an 8-12 month leadership training program. Market GM Designates will receive a customized on-boarding plan to assimilate and develop the necessary skillset in preparation for a future PepsiCo Sales Leader role.
Upon completion of the training program in a specified market, you will be required to relocate within a defined region. You will then be promoted to Market GM and take ownership of your own territory. You will develop a team of frontline hourly/commissioned and salaried employees to drive superior marketplace execution, customer service, share growth, and profit performance for your assigned market. Collaborating with customer teams on execution, priorities, and timing is all part of the scope of a Market GM.
The Market GM role provides you with fantastic opportunities to build critical experiences such as learning the business, how to influence across sales and operations, lead and develop a large team, and how to grow PepsiCo's business.
As the Market GM, you contribute to the success of our North America Beverage business by leading the sales and distribution strategy for a regional area. This broad leadership role encompasses sales, customer service, marketing equipment and warehousing operations.
- Build volume and revenue in your defined region in a direct store delivery go-to-market environment
- Maintain a budget / P&L
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure execution of an annual operating plan
- Nurture positive relationships with customers in the region and develop business relationships with partners in the community
- Activate local and national marketplace initiatives and promotions to build brand development and maximize brand performance
- Lead, coach, develop, and motivate a premier team of sales professionals on selling, display execution, and merchandising standards
- Ensure the team delivers results while maintaining costs
- Partner with your region and capitalize on headquarter resources to support change plans
- Demonstrated leadership of large multi-level teams
- Compelling, powerful communication with ability to persuade
- Upwardly mobile historical career path
- Strategic outlook and focus on Executional Excellence
- Business & Financial Acumen (utilize analytics & insights to build business strategy)
- You understand that customers are your business; you have a transferable skill set to sell to and understand customers
- You are a motivator and coach- you are skilled in performance management and development
- You love to win and get results with your team, in and out of the market
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 7-12 years General Management experience to include hands on day-to-day sales operational experience
- A minimum of 7 years industry experience in Consumer Packaged Goods, Food & Beverage, Retail, Grocery, and/or Military
- Shown leadership capability with a strong background of leading and influencing a front line sales organization
- Experience with expense management and/or managing a P&L
- Direct Store Delivery experience preferred
- Dedication and ability to succeed within a dynamic organization
- Willing and able to lift up to 40 lbs. periodically
- Willing to relocate
- Authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement