Auto req ID: 180903BR
PepsiCo Foods Canada (Frito Lay) is known for more than just our fun products and great brands. We've also got great people that work hard, focus on results and have a lot of fun doing it!
Company Profile: As part of the global powerhouse PepsiCo, PepsiCo Foods Canada (Frito Lay) is more than just snacks. Across Canada and the world, we have a broad portfolio of powerful brands including Lay's, Doritos, Tostitos, Pepsi, Aquafina, Tropicana, Quaker and Gatorade to name a few.
With over 5,000 employees nationwide, PepsiCo Canada is committed to building a family of tasty, delicious snacks that grows and prospers. And that's just the beginning. With six manufacturing facilities, 50 major distribution centers and 70,000+ customers from coast to coast, we're constantly searching for committed, hardworking individuals to help build our team PepsiCo Foods Canada has a current opening at the Frito Lay Manufacturing Facility in Cambridge, ON for a Boiler Technician.
Responsible for operation and maintenance of Powerhouse related equipment including boilers, compressors, Life Safety systems, pumps, chillers, water systems, HVAC, Environmental Control equipment, etc. in a continuously operated plant to support production requirements and assist in providing a safe working environment.
- Operate Powerhouse equipment as trained and directed. Report abnormalities to the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager in a timely fashion.
- Enter work request and track running hours and PM requirements on Plant Compressors, boilers and associated equipment
- Perform Preventative Maintenance tasks on boilers and Compressors as assigned.
- Trouble-shoot and repair equipment problems as needed.
- Provide documentation in Log Books, change procedures, etc. as required.
- Co-ordinate work with other staff and contractors in order to minimize disruptions.
- Ensure all work is done in a safe manner and in concert with all applicable codes and legislation.
- Provide support to entire site in emergency situations (Active Emergency Response Team Member)
- Any other duties supporting the maintenance department and Facility as required.
- PM and repair Production gas fired ovens, heat exchangers and other gas equipment as required
- Maintain Plant Fire System including flow tests, fire pump Tests
- Maintain Plant water systems
- Maintain Plant Heat Recovery systems
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
- Candidates with the following licenses will be considered, Fitter 2, Oil Burner Technician, 4th class Stationary Engineer, A G1 Gas ticket is required
- Trade certificates in associated disciplines will enhance the candidate.
- Experience working with various types of Powerhouse equipment is required.
- Experience with the use and understanding of predictive technologies and predictive tools (Ultrasonic Detection, Infrared Cameras, etc.) is also desired.
- Need to be able to read Mechanical drawings.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office are desired.
- Well organized and good communications skills are essential.
- Shift work may be required.
- Working at heights and ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Provide safe lock-out of equipment when required.
- Assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and safe work practices.
Job Type: Regular