As a R&D Senior Data Scientist here at PepsiCo, you will have the opportunity to apply your technical knowledge by working on business-critical projects with the R&D snack product development teams. The teams translate strategic market objectives into new products and processes, optimize designs per consumer response and select winning ideas for commercialization.
The R&D Senior Data Scientist will support these teams by proactively obtaining data and information from various sources and analyzing it to provide a better understanding of R&D Innovation performance; build AI tools that automate certain processes within Global R&D; design experiments that effectively analyzing results to provide guidance to R&D project teams; and create various Machine Learning-based tools or processes within Global R&D such as predictive models and recommendation engines.
Successful candidates thrive in an environment of fast-paced, consumer-driven product and process development.
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or other quantitative Science/Engineering field.
- 3-4 years (with MS) or 1-2 years (with PhD) of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, internships included
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on R&D innovation applications
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with their application
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision trees, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages and drawbacks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement