The R&D Senior Technician is part of the Global Beverage Functional Capability R&D group, Discovery & Applications team. In this role, the Senior Technician will support projects and coordinate with scientists on sugar reduction, fortify & clean label ingredients and colloidal science platforms to enable effective & efficient global commercialization of product innovations.
- Provide product formulation support by accurately preparing laboratory beverages and concentrates
- Maintain laboratory and sample inventory of ingredients and supplies
- Maintain laboratory equipment
- All formulas and research works are entered into Electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Implement and maintain storage studies
- Submission of samples for analytical and sensory evaluation
- Plan, conduct and coordinate production runs, manage ingredient orders, expiration, handling, prepare batch sheets, schedule and run tech center, ensure product meets specifications
- Plan, conduct and report for all works including but not limited to production runs, shelf life studies, ingredient assessments
- Ability to manage and learn a wide variety of different research area such as sugar reductions, fortify & clean label ingredients and colloidal science.
- Ability to manage and learn a wide variety of different products characteristics from cold fill to thermal processed beverages, conduct bench-top sensory tasting, ingredients stability testing ,etc.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skill and manage multiple project tasks to support the individuals of the workgroup, manage time and expectations for group needs. Effectively communicate conflict of requests.
- Ability to demonstrate proper laboratory techniques and equipment handling.
- Electronic Laboratory notebook up to date containing all experiments including methods, formulas and results
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree in scientific field.
- 0-2 years bench work experience (internships included). Prior Beverage/Food experience a real plus.
- Ability to flawlessly execute bench work, plan ahead for tech center runs, ability to communicate with several plant coordinators to ensure ingredient supply.
- Ability to proactively and positively interface with various analytical functions in order to assure timely execution of testing.
- Must be well organized, capture work details and learning and highlight any unexpected learning.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written), manage expectations of group support.
- Outstanding team working skills, strong initiative, and reliable
- Ability to analyze and communicate implications of experimental results
- Computer Skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds repeatedly
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement