PepsiCo has a fantastic opportunity for a committed Health, Safety and Environment Manager to join the team based at our manufacturing site in Leicester.
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers Crisps and Quaker Oats, we have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the sixth year in a row!
Our Leicester manufacturing site is the heart of PepsiCo UK. Home to two factories and over 1000 of our team, we produce over 10,000,000 packets of great tasting Walkers crisps there every day.
As part of the site leadership team, the HSE Manager plays a key role developing and delivering a strategic HSE roadmap through people engagement, technology and the Lean QCDM processes to deliver effective and dynamic leadership of the HSE agenda.
You’ll be working alongside the Site Manufacturing Director to lead the HSE Annual Operating Plan and drive a cultural shift towards a zero harm mind-set. We’ll be looking to you to lead legal compliance and performance improvements in order to ensure a world class safety environment for the team, with a focus on long term, sustainable accident/incident reductions. You’ll also be responsible for identifying risk reduction priorities and for implementing effective strategies to control and reduce, embracing new risk reduction strategies.
You’ll lead and maintain the PepsiCo Global Environmental Health and Safety Management System process (GEHSMS), ensuring delivery against internal and external audits, whilst making sure that all management systems are fully maintained, risks and trends are identified and all appropriate action is taken to minimise, mitigate or eliminate.
A flexible approach to your work is a must as you’ll have direct line management responsibility, in addition to overall ownership of development and execution of site’s 3-5 year strategy ensuring it is embedded and aligned to broader UK business requirements.
What we’re looking for:
- Recognised H&S qualification (NEBOSH diploma or equivalent) is essential.
- An environmental qualification would be ideal, but not is essential.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment with knowledge of production processes and frontline employee job requirements.
- Knowledge of environmental management systems and safety programmes.
- Previous people management experience.
- Knowledge of legal/working requirements of UK H&S at Work in addition to current Environmental legislation.
- Able to carry out EHSMS audits as an internal auditor, coaching and mentoring auditees to develop their part of the programme.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and motivate at all levels.
- Natural leadership skills, ability to coach, collaborate and influence, leveraging the skills and qualities of those around to implement the right actions.
- Critical and creative thinking skills with the ability to define the problem, evaluate and select alternatives and implement solutions in line with PepsiCo standards and the legal framework.
- Strategic thinking mind set with the ability to see beyond the immediate horizon in order to devise policy/systems and plans.
This role comes with a competitive salary, performance related bonus and flexible benefits package.
Job Type: Pipeline