PepsiCo offers the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 different product lines that generate more than $1 billion in annual retail sales each. Our main businesses -- Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay, and Pepsi Cola – also make hundreds of other enjoyable foods and beverages that are respected household names throughout the world. With net revenues of approximately $65 billion, PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also, means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages for local tastes; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment, including conserving energy and water usage, and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate.
The operations resource position is primarily responsible for managing the day to day activities of site packaging operations and the management of several hourly associates. This position will drive activities to deliver declining unit costs, execute flight plans, improve True Efficiency (TE) and line reliability, and apply Total Productive Manufacturing (TPM) strategies. Other key deliverables include ensuring EHS performance, owning Quality Assurance, maintaining positive employee relations in a union free work environment, and working cross0functionally with other business units. This position is a shift-based role that will likely be off-shift.
- Support the delivery of Safety and Quality programs on shift, ensuring protection of our people and customers
- Achieve shift TE and reliability goals, Productivity, Waste Reduction metrics and AOP variable costs targets (OT, Yield, Cullage)
- Provide a positive work environment consistent with PepsiCo Values, leveraging diversity and inclusion to gain competitive advantage in people capability and work force effectiveness
- Ability to lead various plant teams
- Ability to manage and communicate effectively with direct reports as well as present information and effectively communicate upwards
- Ability to lead and co-lead an EHS & Quality Program Elements
- Ensure development and effective coaching of Hourly Lead Operators and technician team members through 1:1's, performance evaluations, and daily feedback
- Effectively facilitate and lead shift overlap meetings, team and shift wide trainings, and various project teams
- Minimum of 4-year business / technical manufacturing degree
- 2- 3 years site manufacturing experience in operations and/or TE / Process Improvement
- Foods manufacturing or Consumer Products Sector (Household & Personal Products Industry) experience is strongly preferred
- Strong skills, knowledge and ability in: TPM or Lean Manufacturing equivalent, Financial Accounting, Project Management, Human Relations, Savvy Communications, and Statistics / Logical Problem Solving
- Solid working knowledge of EHS / Quality regulatory compliance, Plant Operations, Maintenance and Engineering, Ingredient and Package Material Procurement, and Production Planning & Deployment is preferred
- This position will be filled at L06, L07, L08 or L09 dependent on the candidates’ current level within the Supply Chain Competency Assessment (SCCA) program
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement