The impact of Digital / eCommerce has fundamentally evolved and in some cases transformed almost every consumer segment with groceries / consumables being the next space that external experts and large players (e.g., Amazon, Walmart) are betting on. As a result, e-commerce is one of the fastest-growing areas within the consumer products industry and represents a significant opportunity to accelerate growth for PepsiCo going forward. To ensure we win in this space we have established a dedicated eCommerce group, bringing together world class talent across F&B, digital, and key customers. While tied closely to broader PepsiCo, the eCommerce group has a unique start-up feel and defined values that embrace a more entrepreneurial mindset: bias for action; results oriented; community-focused; prioritization of people.
PepsiCo expects the Online Omnichannel Grocery Channel to grow sales to greater than $1.0B over the next 5 years. Not to mention Walmart eCommerce is one of the largest online retail channels and is critical to PepsiCo's digital marketing and product/package development to enhance online relevance and create sustainable success.
Because of this, PepsiCo is looking to hire an eCommerce Sales Lead (Director) to head up the Walmart and Jet.com eCommerce Sales Team. This individual will also manage the customer relationship and oversee business operations. Success in this role is measured by the ability to drive both short term (performance to plan and operational execution) and long term (customer relationship building and creating solid strategic framework for success 2-5 years out) success for the Walmart.com and Jet.com channels.
- Developing and owning the PepsiCo e-Commerce Customer Online Channel Strategy to create competitive advantage, deliver topline growth and create category leadership with the Walmart/Jet.com eCommerce teams
- Drive "New Item Setup” process for Modular and Innovation Items and serve as main point of contact for Product Space team, Business Units, Kwikee, and customer to manage new item setup process and drive process optimization
- Lead eCommerce Channel Exclusive Launches by working with internal/external cross-functional stakeholders (PR, Consumer Relations, Internal eCommerce Team, Internal Marketing Team, Walmart Merchandising Team, Site Merchandising, Operations and @WalmartLabs Engineering team) to ensure successful launch
- Identify and resolve incorrect content (images/copy) on existing assortment, while leading Best In Class content initiatives by partnering with the eCommerce Content team
- Provide thought leadership and partnership to Walmart eCommerce Grocery Category with direct and consultative projects to build capabilities for the next generation of Grocery shopping online
- Manage projects in collaboration with outside agencies, Demand Xcelerator, BUs, PCT, and Walmart Merchant/Site Experience teams
- Manage customer review sharing and transitions to maximize conversion
- Partner with internal and external operations teams from placing order to inventory receipt, as well as resolve supply chain related issues (billing, system costs, etc)
- 8+ years of experience in sales in CPG or eCommerce organization, BA/BS required (Masters strongly preferred)
- Strategic thinking ability to analyze wide array of facts/trends/needs and put them together in a strategic “story line” to influence senior leadership and framing skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and disruptive thinker willing to challenge the existing assumptions and guardrails within eCommerce to accelerate the growth
- Intellectual curiosity – awareness of emerging trends and competitive activity in the region and category
- Leadership – being capable of taking others along the journey and influencing decisions without direct or structural reporting authority
- Succeed in ambiguity – Highly adaptable in less-structured, fast-paced environments (able to “jump in” and contribute even when facts are not 100% clear in this ever changing space); ability to quickly determine solutions to financial issues
- Persistent and resilient in the pursuit of objectives, can shift gears easily, is willing to take on new challenges and works to resolve issues
- Effectively communicate (verbal and written) with internal and external stakeholders across all levels
- Global outlook with sensitivity and awareness of social and cultural differences
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement